Trading Greyhound racing

We've gone to the dogs.
deansaccount

Euler wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:14 pm
deansaccount wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:12 pm
Does it have a preference on having the back of lay filled first?
No
How has the Greyhound bot performed over the last week?
Gonzothegreat

I have used the bot provided by Dallas "Find the Gap Guardian Automation Bot for Greyhounds" as a starting point and added a few more rules and conditions to it (with the help of Dallas), it is working nicely.

I have 3 bots now: Trap1/Trap2, Favourite/2nd Favourite and all traps.
What I'm finding is that the results I get are not consistent (regardless of which bot I use), I've made about £3.5 in profit so far but my strike rate isn't that high.
Out of 37 trades, 16 losses ~ 21 win
Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 17.23.00.png
the £4.98 there was out of the blue, no idea what happened, luck.

I'm interesting in advice on how to improve my strike rate please, ie: be more consistent.
As I am cheap :lol: I only play with the dogs, low liquidity, quick race etc... horses are out of my league at the moment :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

To increase your strike rate you'll need to look at your losing races and why they're occuring, maybe too little/much liquidity, certain class of race etc etc. The problem with increasing the strike rate can be a double edged sword as you may well find you cut out those lucky £4.98 wins and drastically drop your overall profit which at the end of the day is all that really counts. One of the main positives for botting is they won't lose focus at the sight of an inevitable losing streak and go on the chase so sometimes you just have to accept your strike rate won't ever be as high as manually trading.
Gonzothegreat

spreadbetting wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:13 pm
To increase your strike rate you'll need to look at your losing races and why they're occuring, maybe too little/much liquidity, certain class of race etc etc. The problem with increasing the strike rate can be a double edged sword as you may well find you cut out those lucky £4.98 wins and drastically drop your overall profit which at the end of the day is all that really counts. One of the main positives for botting is they won't lose focus at the sight of an inevitable losing streak and go on the chase so sometimes you just have to accept your strike rate won't ever be as high as manually trading.
Thanks for answering.

I will run another live round this coming week and record my P&L correctly, I'll try to understand why certain race are a loss.
I do prefer automation over manual trading, but that's me. I do have noticed that certain tracks have a lot more liquidity than others. Not sure why.
Example, some tracks are around £1k, while some near £60k, go figure.

My aim really is to get £1/£2 a day profit :) I know, it's not much but that would be a success for me. And a pound there and there adds up... :mrgreen:
Dallas

The majority of tracks all have a similar amounts traded

GH Vol Track.JPG

But as spreadbetting said the race types do make a difference with OC races attracting the highest volumes, also the time of day has an impact on the avg volume

Avg Vol Hr.JPG

If you've not seen it yet this recent blog post is worth a read on automating greyhounds
https://www.betangel.com/blog_wp/2017/0 ... reyhounds/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gonzothegreat

Nice info, thanks for the blog's link Dallas.

I'm also after a profit loss excel tracker, where I can find out for example which track is the most profitable, my strike rate, losses, etc... Any idea if such spreadsheet exists please? Or point me to the direction of one I could modify.
Dallas

Try this one which was created specifically for greyhounds by Memphisflash
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 31&t=14604
Gonzothegreat

Dallas wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:19 pm
Thanks, I've seen this one already but never managed to get it working :|

edit:
going to spend more time on it and see if it works
Dallas

Gonzothegreat wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:21 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:19 pm
Thanks, I've seen this one already but never managed to get it working :|

edit:
going to spend more time on it and see if it works
I've not used it myself but if you have questions on using it if you pop them to the end of that thread im sure memphis or someone already using will be able to help
spreadbetting

Gonzothegreat wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:07 pm
Nice info, thanks for the blog's link Dallas.

I'm also after a profit loss excel tracker, where I can find out for example which track is the most profitable, my strike rate, losses, etc... Any idea if such spreadsheet exists please? Or point me to the direction of one I could modify.
I'm sure someone posted a spreadsheet that allowed you to break down you p&l by track somewhere on this site using the betting p&l CSV files from your account history.

Think its this thread http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133
to75ne

[quote=spreadbetting post_id=132987 time=1504382690 user_id=3492X

I'm sure someone posted a spreadsheet that allowed you to break down you p&l by track somewhere on this site using the betting p&l CSV files from your account history.
[/quote]

search nigelk
Gonzothegreat

I've created a new thread with an updated spreadsheet :mrgreen:
MemphisFlash

good days auto trading the dogs
18.09.17 dogs.JPG
Crazyskier

LeTiss wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:00 pm
Euler wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:42 pm
I tried to push my bot up a level this week and bombed it instead. Didn't make a penny on the week!
That's the problem with greyhound trading - the liquidity levels mean there's a ceiling with regards to stakes, as the moment you use too much money, you either get quickly matched when you're wrong and end up getting a red, or you frighten the market when you're right, making it more difficult to get matched
Indeed. It's so hit and miss and inconsistent when compared to horse racing automation. For example I suffered just one loss on 35 traded horse races today, yet a quick look at tonight's dog bot and I've already lost 2 of just 11 races. Still a small profit, but it illustrates LeTiss' and Peter's points about how difficult it is to get consistent gains from dog automation.
MemphisFlash

fewer races today, still good profit.
19.09.17 profit.JPG

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”