Trading Greyhound racing

We've gone to the dogs.
spreadbetting

I meant the daily or hourly screenshots, as for it being fake ill leave it for you to decide. I don't think the odd weekly or monthly pnl detracts
ruthlessimon

Never said it was fake; but as a trader I do love consistency, especially with all the grief Tom's been getting
spreadbetting

No problem, there were a few other inconsistencies with toms screenshots but I'm happy to take it down.
oscar123

Bit of a difference though between posting practice mode screen shots and pretending they are real and the odd good day here and there. Anybody can have a good day, even without having to fake it.

It is nice to see the weeks worth and 3 months worth as they are far more meaningful.

Fair play to you spreadbetting, I'd love to have a bot that did that every week.
ruthlessimon

I don't have a problem with screenies also oscar. In fact I love seeing Hetman Trader post his wins on Twitter, he must be great trader. Shame he doesn't make himself known on the forum :( we could all learn a lot
Naffman

Well done spreadbetting that is definitely nothing to frown upon and just imagine with a bit more tweaking how good it can get! :)

And I'd beware of twitter traders, like that Hetman he says he's a newbie and just learning then he's coming up with 3 figure greens :lol: And some others who sell stuff (wont name any names) I don't think actually trade just post some inspirational bs quote every now and then to keep the mugs happy lol! But enough about that, well done SB and I hope it can encourage more down this route as it has with me.
ruthlessimon

Gotta luv the Twitter ballers ey naff ;) k, this is wayyy off topic now!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Naffman

That's why I tried to bring it back right at the end ;)
spreadbetting

Naffman wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:27 pm
Well done spreadbetting that is definitely nothing to frown upon and just imagine with a bit more tweaking how good it can get! :)

And I'd beware of twitter traders, like that Hetman he says he's a newbie and just learning then he's coming up with 3 figure greens :lol: And some others who sell stuff (wont name any names) I don't think actually trade just post some inspirational bs quote every now and then to keep the mugs happy lol! But enough about that, well done SB and I hope it can encourage more down this route as it has with me.
Thanks, I just wanted a post up something a bit more realistic, or at least my experience, as to what people can expect from botting rather than the impression that you can bot every market and get a 95% greens from doing it. I'm sure you could code your bot to have a high strike rate but you'd probably end up being very selective and certainly not running through every consecutive market. Manually playing the markets is obviously a different matter and no reason why someone experienced couldn't maintain a high win rate over a period of races.

From my point of view I find the dogs ideal as a botting medium because there are hundreds of races a day and in general they go off very close to time, only real stumbling block is the liquidity. I've tried the US races in the past and the start times are so out from advertised times it's not worth the effort especially as liquidity has taken a big drop over the years on the US races.
MemphisFlash

128 dog races today.
Guardian Primed and ready to go.
29.07.2017.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BetScalper

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:35 am
128 dog races today.
Guardian Primed and ready to go.
29.07.2017.JPG
I thought on previous threads you said your bot was fully automated.

Have you now changed it and nominating a certain dog based on speed ratings etc ?
MemphisFlash

constantly evolving mate. still automatic.
Euler

I tried to push my bot up a level this week and bombed it instead. Didn't make a penny on the week!
deansaccount

Euler wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:42 pm
I tried to push my bot up a level this week and bombed it instead. Didn't make a penny on the week!
How much did you increase the stake by?
LeTiss

Euler wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:42 pm
That's the problem with greyhound trading - the liquidity levels mean there's a ceiling with regards to stakes, as the moment you use too much money, you either get quickly matched when you're wrong and end up getting a red, or you frighten the market when you're right, making it more difficult to get matched

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”