It's taking the current odds instead of my manual odds error

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
horseplay

Hello there is an error with my bet angel, in that if i just want to lay one horse (and go to manual) and at the top choose odds i want it to lay in running
say currently before the jump the horse is 2.48, and i choose in manual i put 5 dollars and put 10 dollars as lay , then i click next to it and click lay.

It even comes up as , you are choosing to lay (so so horse at 5 dollars) your liablity will be 40 dollars do you wish to continue - I click yes

But then it pops straight into matched bets at 2.48, the lay only works if i do lay all. But can't choose manual odds to laya horse at certain odds in running, nor either
does it work at choosing manual odds to back in running, both ways it will take the current price?

I'm sure I've got a bug in my bet angel. Why does it only work when doing lay all at manual odds, can't click next to one horse it takes the current price, bang straight into the matched bets, Sometimes it even pops up down the bottom ( where i want it to go so i can choose keep all) but then it jumps away straight to matched at current odds?
Dallas

First make sure above the 3 boxes (Back stake, Lay stake & manual odds) none of the ALL boxes are ticked then in the back stake & lay stake box beside the runner you want to bet on enter the back and lay amounts you want to use, then the odds in the manual box for that runner
Then clicking on the white back or lay boxes to the right of this will place the bet for the amount specified at the odds specified and that runner.

If you back at odds currently lower than the trading price befair will match you at the best possible price instantly, and if you try to lay higher than the current trading price betfair will give you the best possible lay price instantly.
horseplay

Hi Dallas,

Thanks for your quick reply, I did exactly what you said and it's still not working. For example just now as test

At clonc, went to manual bet (all was unchecked in both bet and lay) typed in the odds 3.95 next to on the right
nobel inn at stake of 1 dollar ( just for test and same thing happend)

Instead of putting it ready for in play it put it straight into matched at 2.50.

Basically the premise is I want to put lays on favorites that drift in running.
horseplay

Oh okay that's what I'm trying to do, yes lay higher than the current price.

Can bet angel fix this in next version?

Thanks Dallas, that's why it's not working re read your last bit on your post.

I'm trying to lay higher than current price, It's because I noticed favorites that drift don't seem to come back.

Hopefully next version of bet angel they'll allow odds any which way, would be great.
Dallas

Its not Bet Angel that causes that its betfair whenever a bet is placed in any market it will always be matched at the best odds available.

To do it manually lets say you input your lay odds of 6.0 then you would need to watch the price on the grid and hit the lay button as soon as it either passes 6.0 or when you see it trade around 5.0+ press it then and you will get matched somewhere around 6.0 or just below.

The other way round it is via automation where by you could create a simple rule and apply it to as many races as you wish before the race goes off - for example you could set the rule to place a lay at 6.0 if the odds trade at 4.5 or above, if there is any money still available below 6.0 it will match to that instantly if its drifted fast and straight past 6.0 your money will wait at 6.0 unmatched till it comes back down or you could have the rule then cancel this and re submit at a higher price etc. - if the odds never drift up that high then no lay is placed

You could also set some conditions to try and close the trade if it goes against you or you could still watch the manual screen so that after you see the lay has been matched you can mange it yourself and close out if you think its going to make a comeback and win.

You have endless possibilities and options with automation
horseplay

Thanks Dallas,

Okay so I've created a rule for taunton r1

I think oscar Jane if comes in to 1.70 has a good chance of winning

So I clicked on guardian, then taunton r1 add selected markets then went to automation - create new rule

Rule name - back oscar

rule type - place back bet

relative to in play time

Arm trigger
00:00:01 - 1 second after event goes into play

until
00:10:00 - 10 minutes after event goes into play

allow rule to trigger 300 times re ever 5 seconds

apply to selection by name - Oscar Jane

Parameters - fixed price Odds 1.50

Stake - fixed amount - 50

I'm not sure what to do with the global settings, Should I just leave the global settings?

So I clicked apply there.

And I don't think It needs any new conditions ?

so close and save as back oscar jane win

then save

And in market taunton r1 under automation rules choose back oscar jane win.

That's another thing when I name a rule then when I close it it wants me to rename it again?

Anyways so i applied it to taunton r1 hopefully it will work
Dallas

You have it 95% right, but DONT run that rule as it is in live mode as it is!!! - always run any rule in practice mode first or use minimum stakes

As it stands 1 second after the race goes in play it will place a back bet at 1.50 on Oscar Jane as the price is trading higher than that it will match you instantly at the higest avalible odds and will then continue to place additional £50 back bets every 5 secs.

Change the rule to trigger just 1 time.

You will need one condition so add the following condtion "Fixed odds" and set it to
(Your selction)
Last traded price
is less than 1.70

Now the rule will only fire if Oscar janes odds trade below 1.70 and if they dont nothin will happen.

If you want to ensure you get a back bet on and its not matched straight away we can change a few things to have the rule refire but also need to apply some additional conditions so that its only firing one bet at a time and once it is matched no further bets are placed.

It may sound complicated to begin with but once you have the rule set its just a case of appling it to the races each day and selecting your runners and it'll do the rest.
horseplay

Dallas wrote:You have it 95% right, but DONT run that rule as it is in live mode as it is!!! - always run any rule in practice mode first or use minimum stakes

As it stands 1 second after the race goes in play it will place a back bet at 1.50 on Oscar Jane as the price is trading higher than that it will match you instantly at the higest avalible odds and will then continue to place additional £50 back bets every 5 secs.

Change the rule to trigger just 1 time.

You will need one condition so add the following condtion "Fixed odds" and set it to
(Your selction)
Last traded price
is less than 1.70

Now the rule will only fire if Oscar janes odds trade below 1.70 and if they dont nothin will happen.

If you want to ensure you get a back bet on and its not matched straight away we can change a few things to have the rule refire but also need to apply some additional conditions so that its only firing one bet at a time and once it is matched no further bets are placed.

It may sound complicated to begin with but once you have the rule set its just a case of appling it to the races each day and selecting your runners and it'll do the rest.
Okay I changed the stake to 10 dollars, shee's saved me there it would of really put a bunch of 50s shee's saved me lol, Okay put 1 time rule trigger every 5 seconds

And it's 1.50 now so put the new condition - back price less than 1.55, for oscar jane.

Okay ready for next bit

Yes thats what I want to be able to do , do my form then Just do these triggers for horses if come in to 1.50. Yes so definatly want a good form horse to get matched at 1.50
Dallas

Ok so now if you have 1 trigger ONLY which will back at fixed odds of 1.50
and your condition ensures it will only place this bet if the odds trade at 1.55 or below.

Depends on what you want to do from here, hopefully you will get matched but if the odds drops straight past 1.50 in one big movement this will leave your bet unmacthed at 1.50 do you want to just keep it there in case the price jumps back up? or you cancel if not taken within a few seconds and resubmit it at lower odds.

To increase the chance of a match without the price going straight past you could change the condition part from 1.55 to slightly higher odds which will give you that little more leaway.

Also a easy way of making the rule so it can be applied to multiple races without having to go into the rule and edit the selection for each race in future is on the first part change the by selection from Oscar Jane to "by nomination - Guardian Nominated selection 1" (make sure this is also do on the conditions page)

Then when you apply the rule to guardian on the main page on the far right there is a colum "Automation nominated selection 1" then select the horse for each race from the drop down menu.
horseplay

I applied the previous rule , before your reply, cause race already started, now when Oscar jane got to 1.50 a message come up to accept the bet at 1.50 was this suppose to happen? I thought it happened automatically?

It popped up message as watching the race on bet angel , click yes on 1.50 back bet? I clicked no just in case cause had oscar jane in dutch anyways.

How come it wanted to ask me to click yes instead of just placing it.?
horseplay

Dallas wrote:Ok so now if you have 1 trigger ONLY which will back at fixed odds of 1.50
and your condition ensures it will only place this bet if the odds trade at 1.55 or below.

Depends on what you want to do from here, hopefully you will get matched but if the odds drops straight past 1.50 in one big movement this will leave your bet unmacthed at 1.50 do you want to just keep it there in case the price jumps back up? or you cancel if not taken within a few seconds and resubmit it at lower odds.

(Yes I think its better to keep it at 1.50, incase the price jumps back up, because in theory will come back down if gonna win anyways)

To increase the chance of a match without the price going straight past you could change the condition part from 1.55 to slightly higher odds which will give you that little more leaway.

(Okay gotcha) the condition is 1.55, and the actual fixed price is 1.50) just got matched then , but in just previous reply it wanted me to click yes to accept? Instead of just going ahead with it? Is that because I had the actual race open?

Also a easy way of making the rule so it can be applied to multiple races without having to go into the rule and edit the selection for each race in future is on the first part change the by selection from Oscar Jane to "by nomination - Guardian Nominated selection 1" (make sure this is also do on the conditions page)

Oh okay by nomination

Then when you apply the rule to guardian on the main page on the far right there is a colum "Automation nominated selection 1" then select the horse for each race from the drop down menu.
Oh okay now i gotcha, this is great then i can put my bets on and threw night uk and threw day australia awsome.

Now again like I said why did it pop up with a message asking me to accept it didn't do it automatically?

Also thanks for your great help cheers
Dallas

What i have just done for you is create a rule how i would do it - just click on it to downlaod it then import it into your guardian.

Apply the rule to your races then far right of the main guardian page in the colum "Automation Nomination Selection 1" use the drop down menu to select the horse for that race.

The rule does the follwoing
If the selected horse trades at odds of 1.70 or below it places a back bet 3 ticks below the last traded price and if its matched within 5 secs happy dayz nothing else happens, if not the unmatched bet is cancelled and providing the odds are still trading above 1.45 it will place another back 3 ticks below the current trading price and will repeat this untill matched or if the price drifts back above 1.70 then it wont place no more lays unless it comes back below 1.70 again.

To prevent it firing multiple times it will only place backs if there is no unmatched bets on that runner and there has not been any previous matched bets (ie no pre race trades)

Amend the stake and the odds in the conditions if required or let me know if you need any help changing/adjusting any other parts.

I always advise trying in practice mode first or with minimum stakes and watch to see if its working as it should
Last edited by Dallas on Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dallas

horseplay wrote:It popped up message as watching the race on bet angel , click yes on 1.50 back bet? I clicked no just in case cause had oscar jane in dutch anyways
It could be because you have the confirm bets option ticked (im not sure if this applies to automation rules) but to turn it off click on the spanner icon then the "behaviour" tab and make sure the top box "Confirm bets" is unticked.

Also if your going to use the rule i have just sent if your dutching or placing other bets on the selection at any time will stop it from working, i would have to amend part of it if you want to do that as well.
horseplay

woop woop your a legend it worked backed heliam at 1.50 for 50 won 25 bucks great thanks buddy. :D
horseplay

King Musani didn't get matched then and won how do I make sure it gets matched you said multiple triggers?

And okay thanks you made me an excell sheet thanks, can you change the odds to 1.50 for me though ? 1.70 still a bit to risky. I'm aiming for 1.50

thanks a bunch

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”