It's taking the current odds instead of my manual odds error

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
horseplay

Dallas wrote:Ok so now if you have 1 trigger ONLY which will back at fixed odds of 1.50
and your condition ensures it will only place this bet if the odds trade at 1.55 or below.

Depends on what you want to do from here, hopefully you will get matched but if the odds drops straight past 1.50 in one big movement this will leave your bet unmacthed at 1.50 do you want to just keep it there in case the price jumps back up? or you cancel if not taken within a few seconds and resubmit it at lower odds.

(Yes I think its better to keep it at 1.50, incase the price jumps back up, because in theory will come back down if gonna win anyways)

To increase the chance of a match without the price going straight past you could change the condition part from 1.55 to slightly higher odds which will give you that little more leaway.

(Okay gotcha) the condition is 1.55, and the actual fixed price is 1.50) just got matched then , but in just previous reply it wanted me to click yes to accept? Instead of just going ahead with it? Is that because I had the actual race open?

Also a easy way of making the rule so it can be applied to multiple races without having to go into the rule and edit the selection for each race in future is on the first part change the by selection from Oscar Jane to "by nomination - Guardian Nominated selection 1" (make sure this is also do on the conditions page)

Oh okay by nomination

Then when you apply the rule to guardian on the main page on the far right there is a colum "Automation nominated selection 1" then select the horse for each race from the drop down menu.
Oh okay now i gotcha, this is great then i can put my bets on and threw night uk and threw day australia awsome.

Now again like I said why did it pop up with a message asking me to accept it didn't do it automatically?

Also thanks for your great help cheers
Dallas

What i have just done for you is create a rule how i would do it - just click on it to downlaod it then import it into your guardian.

Apply the rule to your races then far right of the main guardian page in the colum "Automation Nomination Selection 1" use the drop down menu to select the horse for that race.

The rule does the follwoing
If the selected horse trades at odds of 1.70 or below it places a back bet 3 ticks below the last traded price and if its matched within 5 secs happy dayz nothing else happens, if not the unmatched bet is cancelled and providing the odds are still trading above 1.45 it will place another back 3 ticks below the current trading price and will repeat this untill matched or if the price drifts back above 1.70 then it wont place no more lays unless it comes back below 1.70 again.

To prevent it firing multiple times it will only place backs if there is no unmatched bets on that runner and there has not been any previous matched bets (ie no pre race trades)

Amend the stake and the odds in the conditions if required or let me know if you need any help changing/adjusting any other parts.

I always advise trying in practice mode first or with minimum stakes and watch to see if its working as it should
Last edited by Dallas on Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dallas

horseplay wrote:It popped up message as watching the race on bet angel , click yes on 1.50 back bet? I clicked no just in case cause had oscar jane in dutch anyways
It could be because you have the confirm bets option ticked (im not sure if this applies to automation rules) but to turn it off click on the spanner icon then the "behaviour" tab and make sure the top box "Confirm bets" is unticked.

Also if your going to use the rule i have just sent if your dutching or placing other bets on the selection at any time will stop it from working, i would have to amend part of it if you want to do that as well.
horseplay

woop woop your a legend it worked backed heliam at 1.50 for 50 won 25 bucks great thanks buddy. :D
horseplay

King Musani didn't get matched then and won how do I make sure it gets matched you said multiple triggers?

And okay thanks you made me an excell sheet thanks, can you change the odds to 1.50 for me though ? 1.70 still a bit to risky. I'm aiming for 1.50

thanks a bunch
Dallas

Do you want me to talk you through editing yours or send the one i made earlier then you can just edit the odds you want to use on the conditions page?

This has the fail safes in place so if your dutching/placing other bets on that selection the rule wont fire so i will need to remove/edit these for you if thats the case
horseplay

Just send me yours, No i'm either doing one or the other dutching when not sure about clear form or doing the gaurdin with horses that have form

I'll message you my email now
MattS

Hi Dallas, could you send me this file? I've been trying to get this to work but cant work out the 'retrigger if not matched' part

Thanks
Dallas

MattS wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:19 pm
Hi Dallas, could you send me this file? I've been trying to get this to work but cant work out the 'retrigger if not matched' part

Thanks
Not sure exactly what it is you want but since this thread a number of examples have been added to the shared files library that you can download, the one's being discussed above can be found in the in-running section
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=52

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”