General Advice for all newbies

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Euler

I value posts like that, knowing that you have worked so hard to make progress.
Korattt

Korattt wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:25 am
with regards to pre race trading on the horse racing win markets, if you really want this.. to succeed and make profit then you can, it can take a couple or more years to work out what works & what don't, and even then you need to work on your mistakes, you can do it, just takes a lot, a heck of a lot of blood, sweat, desk bashing & tears
my last three days off work have resulted in the following.

Total P&L: £112.87
Total P&L: £185.18
Total P&L: £155.88

I have traded after coming home from work this Monday & Tuesday week starting at 3pm which was total car crash trading.. hence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW9axt5PeTs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L90Y0KKKrI
Dallas

Korattt wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:32 pm
Korattt wrote:
with regards to pre race trading on the horse racing win markets, if you really want this.. to succeed and make profit then you can, it can take a couple or more years to work out what works & what don't, and even then you need to work on your mistakes, you can do it, just takes a lot, a heck of a lot of blood, sweat, desk bashing & tears
my last three days off work have resulted in the following.

Total P&L: £112.87
Total P&L: £185.18
Total P&L: £155.88

I have traded after coming home from work this Monday & Tuesday week starting at 3pm which was total car crash trading.. hence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW9axt5PeTs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L90Y0KKKrI
Excellent set of results Korattt and thoroughly deserved im glad to hear its coming together for you, as any regular reader of this forum will know you have certainly put the hard work effort in so WD to you for sticking at it and not giving up - especially when things were at their lowest back in jan/feb
Korattt

Dallas wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:49 pm
Korattt wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:32 pm
Korattt wrote:
with regards to pre race trading on the horse racing win markets, ..

Excellent set of results Korattt and thoroughly deserved im glad to hear its coming together for you, as any regular reader of this forum will know you have certainly put the hard work effort in so WD to you for sticking at it and not giving up - especially when things were at their lowest back in jan/feb
appreciate that Dallas, thanks
ludite

I have been trading mostly tennis on here since starting in April , & have made a good start . But now the football season has come round I'm thinking of using one of the subscription sites such as Pre match trading .com to give me a good start to the season . Can anyone reccomend one thats good value please ?
Black Ice

Congrats Korattt!! Can i ask when your trading journey first started? Thanks :)
Korattt

Black Ice wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:58 pm
Congrats Korattt!! Can i ask when your trading journey first started? Thanks :)
roughly two years ago
Naffman

Not meaning to be rude but I thought you had no chance earlier this year when everything seemed to be going wrong so I'm really glad to hear this it proves hard work does pay off! :)
RentonT

Good to hear Koratt, really pleased for you that you didn't give up.
Black Ice

Korattt: To be really quizzy..what sort of stakes were you using for those results...and how many races did u trade for them per day? U needn't tell if u dont want to..i shan't be miffed!! :)
Dave C

There's a reason that I don't often read this forum and this thread sums it up completely. For anyone even thinking of learning to trade I would suggest staying away from here due to the negativity spewing forth from half the posters and 40% alluding that trading is a mythical skill akin to Sorcery or something so complex that you need a degree in Probability and Statistics.

I appreciate that Trading isn't easy but you sound like the people that Peter talks about in his videos- "No it can't be done, it's impossible, forget it". You all seem to want it to be this Rubik's Cube x Pi that mere mortals cannot solve and shouldn't even attempt. No disrespect to the guy, but if Caan Berry can make a living trading then a lot of people can.
Last edited by Dave C on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave C

Korattt wrote:
Good man. That's more like it.
Dave C

The name was changed in a previous post and I totally understand why but as stated, it wasn't meant as any sleight. I've even said it to him and use it as an inspiration.
iambic_pentameter

It's probably been mentioned in the thread already but discipline is so important.

Case in point for me, is that I've had a shocker today in terms of reading the markets, selections not trading as low in running as I'd thought - based on my research and previous runs. Everything I touched, turned to red.

It wasn't that long ago that I'd chase those losses but just over half an hour ago, I logged off Bet Angel and will come back tomorrow.

My thought process was:

1) Loses are part of the game
2) If I chase those losses, I'll likely lose a lot more and that will affect my trading bank - my objective is to protect that bank
3) If I was a professional trader relying on this for my income, would I chase the losses? Of course I wouldn't so do what the professional would do.

I am by no means the finished product but I hope that any newbies see this and understand that discipline is a huge part of trading.

Iambic
Korattt

Naffman wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:03 pm
Not meaning to be rude but I thought you had no chance earlier this year when everything seemed to be going wrong so I'm really glad to hear this it proves hard work does pay off! :)
not that I'm no expert at trading looking back I really was trading like an idiot back then

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”