ADDING RULE TO BACK AND LAY THE FAV.IN RUNNING

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
silkysoph

I want to add a rule which prevents the lay bet being taken.Ihave added a hedge stop loss to minimise losses when the fav.drifts in running and have incorporated 3 triggers with 3 sec interval when at certain loss point.The problem is when the fav.then picks up and the price drops enough the lay is still taken and heavy losses occur albeit in pratice mode and will continue to be in that mode until i can add a rule/condition to prevent thi please.
Dallas

On the parameters tab of the rules editor tick 'fill or kill' to prevent offsets being placed until opening bet is filled
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&t=11817
silkysoph

Dallas wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:46 pm
On the parameters tab of the rules editor tick 'fill or kill' to prevent offsets being placed until opening bet is filled
Sorry I didn't make it clear.i am operating the back the fav pre off and lay in running to create a free bet if it wins or profit if lay taken and fav loses.Hedge loss greens up if price drifts to my target loss but lay is still taken if fav then comes back in again after greening up to minimise loss. Fill and Kill is cancelling lay bet without it having a chance to be filled Thanks
Dallas

silkysoph wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:28 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:46 pm
Sorry I didn't make it clear.i am operating the back the fav pre off and lay in running to create a free bet if it wins or profit if lay taken and fav loses.Hedge loss greens up if price drifts to my target loss but lay is still taken if fav then comes back in again after greening up to minimise loss. Fill and Kill is cancelling lay bet without it having a chance to be filled Thanks
Betfair cancel all unmatched bets when they turn a market in-play unless you specify you want to keep them.

To do that just add a 'keep unmatched bets' rule to your automation file and set it to trigger just before post time
silkysoph

Iam running automation Create a No Lose Trade on the Fav. and profit on Rest of Field.I have a Hedge Loss (stop loss) rule so I can minimise my losses if race going against me and also have a condition which only places back bet if Fav.is above2.06 so that the lay bet is not much below even money.The problem is that if this is triggered and no back bet is place a lay bet is still put into the market at very low odds and high stakes and the hedge loss kicks in to minimise losses when no bets should not have been placed on that race.Thanks for your help and patience and hope this makes sense!
Dallas

Its the same as my first answer above - use fill or kill to determine how your offset works

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”