Greening do not spread the profit/loss

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
poetrismo6

Hi!

So I have written and automation rule where I have tried both "Close trade on selection with greening" and "Green all selection" in an attempt to spread my profit/losses after a certain scenario. However, instead of spreading the profit/losses over all possible outcomes (in my case 1,x,2 as I bet on matchresult in football) it reverses the risk so I still have a big potential loss at one of the outcomes. So if the rule have placed the money on "1", when the greening triggers it reverses so the profit is spread to "x" and "2" but now I instead have a big potential loss at "1".

I don't understand why this happens, greatly appreciates any help - thanks.
/P
Dallas

Are you triggering it more than once and not allowing for the in-play delay
poetrismo6

Yeah, I have written it to trigger 3 times (with 3 sec before rearming). It did this to make sure it "greened out" but might this be the problem so I should only set it to trigger once?
Dallas

That is 100% the reason

The in-play delay on football matches can vary anywhere between 5-12 depending on the country/league - so i'de recommend using at least 15 secs between rearms so you can apply your rule across all leagues.
poetrismo6

Great - thanks alot! One final question on this just: what would you say is the most secure way of making sure the greening takes places in an accurate way - letting the greening trigger only once or multiple times but <15 sec between rearming?
Dallas

poetrismo6 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:07 pm
Great - thanks alot! One final question on this just: what would you say is the most secure way of making sure the greening takes places in an accurate way - letting the greening trigger only once or multiple times but <15 sec between rearming?
I always use at least 3 times (with approprate re-arm times), once its successfully greens so all selections are equal it wont send any more bets even if further triggers remain
poetrismo6

Great - thanks again Dallas!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”