Politically Correct Madness

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
BetScalper

You will soon need a pilots licence for taking your son to the park and playing with your drone.

Rather pathetic in my book, they already have the technology for keeping them away from airports or are certain people worried about being spied upon from a distance.

No doubt this will be another back door citizen tax.

Prisons and the courts are already full to breaking point.

How long before a fart tax ?
to75ne

but there is a problem where i live with the things flying over and hoovering over peoples gardens, and on quite a few occassions the person flying it would appear to be some nonce perving on children and yound girls in their gardens, possibly their bedrooms.

these things would seem to be very attractive to nonce's so i am all in favour of licence's/regulating etc, as a father and your post infers that you are to, you can have no real argument against it given the problem with pervs and nonces.
BetScalper

to75ne wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:52 am
but there is a problem where i live with the things flying over and hoovering over peoples gardens, and on quite a few occassions the person flying it would appear to be some nonce perving on children and yound girls in their gardens, possibly their bedrooms.

these things would seem to be very attractive to nonce's so i am all in favour of licence's/regulating etc, as a father and your post infers that you are to, you can have no real argument against it given the problem with pervs and nonces.
I don't think the new licence means pervs and nonces can't have one, so it would kind of defeat your argument. Afterall, you can't ban them from buying/owning binoculars.

They are bringing it in to try and stop people from flying them over/near airports. However, they can just order one over the internet without a licence and carry on ignoring the rules. A bit like the Scottish Airgun Weapon Licence, all they have to do is drive over the border to England, buy one and bring it back home.
LeTiss

Political correctness is a disease of the brain - it is sweeping across the world like the Black Death, and will eventually destroy the West as we know it
BetScalper

LeTiss wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:02 am
Political correctness is a disease of the brain - it is sweeping across the world like the Black Death, and will eventually destroy the West as we know it
+1

The people need to rise up.
to75ne

"I don't think the new licence means pervs and nonces can't have one, so it would kind of defeat your argument. Afterall, you can't ban them from buying/owning binoculars."

true but its another obstacle to enabling them.

but i cant see this as political correctness;

firstly its a privacy problem as far as i am concerned, i dont like them over my house and garden, secondly to many backward feeble minded stupid people in this country who will fly them near airports, or hack them to overide any inbuilt geo penning, and thirdly they are a godsend to criminals and perverts.
Dallas

What worries me the most about them is what they can be use for in the wrong hands, i think its only a matter of time before they get used as cheap flying bombs
LeTiss

Wow, Dallas. I must admit I hadn't even thought of that, but you're right, attaching a bomb to a drone and flying it straight into a crowd or a building must be running through the minds of some nutters
BetScalper

to75ne wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:18 am
"I don't think the new licence means pervs and nonces can't have one, so it would kind of defeat your argument. Afterall, you can't ban them from buying/owning binoculars."

firstly its a privacy problem as far as i am concerned, i dont like them over my house and garden, secondly to many backward feeble minded stupid people in this country who will fly them near airports, or hack them to overide any inbuilt geo penning, and thirdly they are a godsend to criminals and perverts.
It's not to stop people flying them over your house. Don't you think the police have enough to do. They are not going to attend every phone call about one, only near airports or prisons, they don't have the resources to attend every call out.

If a pervert or criminal wants one then a register or safety test is not going to put them off one bit.

And like I said, they can just order one from an EU country, which will easily bypass UK customs etc.
BetScalper

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:23 am
What worries me the most about them is what they can be use for in the wrong hands, i think its only a matter of time before they get used as cheap flying bombs
The USA did this in Afghanistan in buildings rather than send in troops which were thought to be booby trapped. They were fitted with an explosive device on the end. Apparently very effective at short range.
to75ne

BetScalper wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:30 am
to75ne wrote:

It's not to stop people flying them over your house. Don't you think the police have enough to do. They are not going to attend every phone call about one, only near airports or prisons, they don't have the resources to attend every call out.

If a pervert or criminal wants one then a register or safety test is not going to put them off one bit.

And like I said, they can just order one from an EU country, which will easily bypass UK customs etc.
then the police should do, cause i am have a right to privacy in my own house and garden as do my children especially in their bedrooms that superceeds your right and anybody else's to fly over my house and spy on me. under no circumstance should you be able to film above my house or through any of my windows.

these things should be heavly regulated and only allowed to be operated in specific controlled zones where nobodys privacey is breeched and everybody is safe from these things.
BetScalper

to75ne wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:42 am
BetScalper wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:30 am
to75ne wrote:

then the police should do, cause i am have a right to privacy in my own house and garden as do my children especially in their bedrooms that superceeds your right and anybody else's to fly over my house and spy on me. under no circumstance should you be able to film above my house or through any of my windows.

these things should be heavly regulated and only allowed to be operated in specific controlled zones where nobodys privacey is breeched and everybody is safe from these things.
There is no such thing regarding privacy in the UK unless you live in Buckingham Palace or such kind of residence.

Anyone with a rifle scope, telescope, binoculars or thermal image camera can get a good idea of what you are or not doing.

Didn't the CIA install cameras/software on televisions to record what people were doing in their homes etc ?
to75ne

BetScalper wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:48 am
There is no such thing regarding privacy in the UK unless you live in Buckingham Palace or such kind of residence.

Anyone with a rifle scope, telescope, binoculars or thermal image camera can get a good idea of what you are or not doing.

Didn't the CIA install cameras/software on televisions to record what people were doing in their homes etc ?
[/quote]

i doubt if the cia are that interested in me, and given the world we we live in today good luck them if they feel they need to do so.

because someone with " rifle scope, telescope, binoculars or thermal image camera" can spy and perv on people, does not justify not regulating drones quite the contrary.

by the way i would also regulate rifle scopes, and termal image camera, normal people dont have a need for them just nutters and pervs.
BetScalper

to75ne wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:57 am
BetScalper wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:48 am

i doubt if the cia are that interested in me, and given the world we we live in today good luck them if they feel they need to do so.

because someone with " rifle scope, telescope, binoculars or thermal image camera" can spy and perv on people, does not justify not regulating drones quite the contrary.

by the way i would also regulate rifle scopes, and termal image camera, normal people dont have a need for them just nutters and pervs.
[/quote]

My god. What an idiot. Maybe you should go live in China or North Korea. You would be right at home with your privacy.
to75ne

"idiot?" well if you wish to name call at least i am not in favour of enabling pervets nonces and nutters, perhaps you are a nonce or a pervet or a nutter, you certainly appear to support them.

Return to “Chill Out Area”