Clearing runners on a bound sheet

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
ShaunWhite

Appologies if it's answered elsewhere but is there a way to clear the old list of runners on a bound Bet Angel sheet?

When I bind a sheet (eg Bet Angel(n)) and the race has fewer runners than the last race I'd had bound to that sheet (from earlier in the day or from when I saved it yesterday), I still have the additional runners listed. Eg where yesterday's first race had 20 runners and today's has 5, I still get yesterday's runners 6 - 20 listed.

I could write a macro, or always start with a nice blank workbook, but it would be much easier if BA spotted that the race being saved is different to the one already on the sheet and cleared the extra cells? (obv that would be quicker than always writing blanks for 'missing' horses as there could be 35+)
ShaunWhite

Has anyone else had the same issue? And ideas for a workaround :?:
ShaunWhite

Surely there's someone who's had an issue with this? If not, what am I missing?
jimibt

ruthlessimon wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:47 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:32 pm
jimibt wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:31 pm
Alien wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:25 pm
it makes me seethe the hate Peter & his team get. That post by Poklius burned me inside; god knows how Peter felt reading that!
Maybe you could calm yourselves down by having a look at my posting about a bound sheet issue ;)
It's drawing blanks atm. :(
There's another conspiracy - Jim's me :D
wtf -parallel universe implosion... :)
ruthlessimon

jimibt wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:35 pm
ruthlessimon wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:47 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:32 pm
jimibt wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:31 pm

Maybe you could calm yourselves down by having a look at my posting about a bound sheet issue ;)
It's drawing blanks atm. :(
There's another conspiracy - Jim's me :D
wtf -parallel universe implosion... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nigelk

Attached will clear all info from any sheet called "Bet Angel" ,Columns A to AE & row 9 onwards. (I'm assuming that you might have formulas in other columns that you won't want deleting). If you need to extend, change the AE ref to suit

Code: Select all

If LastRow > 8 Then
ws.Range("A9:AE" & LastRow) = ""
End If
Just run before you populate the sheets with new data
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

nigelk wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:07 pm
Attached will clear all info from any sheet called "Bet Angel" ,Columns A to AE & row 9 onwards. (I'm assuming that you might have formulas in other columns that you won't want deleting). If you need to extend, change the AE ref to suit

Code: Select all

If LastRow > 8 Then
ws.Range("A9:AE" & LastRow) = ""
End If
Just run before you populate the sheets with new data
Thanks for that and the effort, but that's similar to what I've had to resort to (I loop from 'number of runners' to 40 if the market name field changes). I was suprised BA allows it to happen and hoped I'd missed something. I don't use excel for placing bets but I'd imagine it could cause a real issue if you switch races and don't remember to run your own Init routine.
Markwinnsmith

It clears fine for me at the moment, no matter how many runners I have from one to the next.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”