Bug from Betangel?

A place to discuss anything.
elizabeth57

Paul (Waiting)
Paul : Hello welcome to Betfair you are chatting with Paul. How can I help?
Elizabeth Durkan: Good afternoon i have been using api betangel. Twice the screen has frozen once yesterday during the race a horse call edcompass scoobie won and again today 17.00 the curragh i am out of pocket can you check this as it is happening quite a bit i.e four times this month it is not my internet connection. I have to logout and login again by which time the race is sometimes nearly over
Elizabeth Durkan: any profit i have made keeps getting away from me
Paul: If there is anything that is bouncing their location the webiste will not let you bet.
Elizabeth Durkan: what does that mean?
Elizabeth Durkan: how can i resolve this
Paul: You'll have to use the webiste as normal.
Elizabeth Durkan: i place my bets through Betangel
Paul: Because if the api is changed your location, the website will not let you bet.
Elizabeth Durkan: why would the api change my location?
Paul: It is just a bug from bet angel.
Elizabeth Durkan: ok i will contact Betangel and come back to you thanks
Paul: Yes that is best Elizabeth, thanks.
Paul:
Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Elizabeth Durkan: no thanks
elizabeth57

Any thoughts anyone please i am on the verge of giving up!!!
Dallas

Thats got to be Betfair CS :lol:

If there was any bugs with Bet Angel everyone would be effected or at least a large number of users, i would also ignore what you were told in that conversation, half the Betfair CS staff have no idea what their API or Bet Angel is, the other half have no idea how it works.

If you need to contact Betfair in releation to the API then you need to contact the BDP team.
https://developer.betfair.com/support/

The cause can only really be your PC or connection. When it freezes does the whole software freeze or is it just the market activity like prices updating (ie can you still open other windows like guardian, charts or switch trading screens?)
elizabeth57

Thanks for your reply ,after this happened on Saturday i changed computers on Sunday morning so i am sure it is not that. I only use my laptops solely for Betangel, I do not have any other things open and i have not used guardian. My internet connection had not gone down as i was still connected via my i pad. I did not have enough time to sort it on the exchange site.
elizabeth57

I contacted developer support this morning. I usually trade out between 3-5 mins before the race is off as i have been aware of this problem before but on saturday i left it till the race was nearly off .But i should be able to trade till near the off.
elizabeth57

I did not understand why my location would be changed i am in Ireland but Betangel should work ok here too
Dallas

elizabeth57 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:25 am
I did not understand why my location would be changed i am in Ireland but Betangel should work ok here too
That was my point - it wont be changing and plenty of people use BA from Ireland including several members of this forum. Even when people do travel around and log on from different countries it makes no difference (providing Betfair is permitted in that country).

Its just the BetfairCS employee who you were talking to had no understanding of how their API works and has either got confused or just said anything to get you off the chat
megarain

A friend had a similar problem, in that the traffic was being routed thru a country (Germany), that prohibited betting on horse-racing. It was a random thing, in that sometimes it worked, and others it didnt.

Even thou the ISP was based in a authorised country, the parent company was owned in Germany .. and that sometimes caused problems .. quite why, is a mystery etc.

I would have the native Betfair open, on another laptop, or mobile, and switch to that, to close your position.

Logically, even with an open position, some u will win, some you will lose. It has to average out. So, unless your positions are huge, relative to your bank, I would focus on other stuff.

Return to “General discussion”