Synchronisation/backup of settings

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
hedgeupgreen

Hi,

I use BA on various different machines - desktop/laptop/VM/cloud.

I would like the settings and views to synchronise between them all. To achieve this, I've created an alias (file/folder juntion") that redirects C:\users\me\appdata\roaming\bet angel\bet angel professional to c:\users\me\dropbox\bet angel\bet angel professional. I do this on each machine and settings are shared between all. I'm aware of the last man out scenario in terms of saving/over writing stuff. My question is will it affect general operation, such as which market is open in BA, logs and so on.. If so I can make the link more granular and just specify the files/folders needed to share views and settings. Or, is there another way?

Many thanks,
Ian
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

hedgeupgreen wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:53 pm
I'm aware of the last man out scenario in terms of saving/over writing stuff. My question is will it affect general operation, such as which market is open in BA, logs and so on.
You should be ok doing this. It won't affect general operation, things like which market is open is held in memory rather than on disk. The logs are saved with timestamps so there is little risk of those clashing. Settings & Layout profiles are saved and loaded by name (with suffixes for sub-sections of the application) and the files are only written when you choose to save.
The only issue that springs to mind is that if you have Bet Angel running on two PCs at the same time and save a new Settings profile on one PC, it won't be visible in the other PC's picklist until Bet Angel is restarted on that PC.
hedgeupgreen

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask how running multiple versions of BA/Guardian would work - if I start guarding up on PC a and have two instances 1 and 2, i then start BA up on PC b, and open guardian, will list PC-a-1 appear?

Ta

Return to “Support”