Unmatched & Offset Bets

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
mcgoo

I have 2 questions around automation if someone can help/offer advice please :idea:

Scenario:
I get a lay bet matched at odds range 1.5-4.00. The offset is placed at 20 clicks plus stops loss of 7 clicks.The price moves against me & the offset bet is cancelled when the stop loss is hit but the stop loss bet is not matched at 1.42 and the price drops to 1.35 really quickly.

1. Is there any way in automation of recording the price you backed or lay'd at? i.e. I want to compare the current price with my last matched price-if not is this coming in an enhancement in future? There are other products in the market that do this but the reliability in BA is much better overall than the ones I have tried :)..so here I am.

2.If you automated the placing of an offset bet plus a stop loss and the stop loss gets activated (the offset is then cancelled automatically)but the resultant offset bet is not matched, other than placing the stop loss as at couple of ticks below the best market price (some markets in Oz move at lightning speed so even this doesn't work) is there a way to "chase the odds" to minimise your loss by continually trying to match the unmatched stop loss bet. This is (appears) very difficult to do ,primarily because you can't record the original matched bet price(or if it was a back bet vs a lay bet) and thus measure how far away from it you have moved (e.g. using signals)
One way would be to measure the unmatched bet time but since your original offset bet (unmatched) would increase this count that doesn't work.Another way is to count how long you have been in a loss position but this doesn't work as you could be in a loss position after the original bet but not had the stop loss kick in and odds range variance can change the value of the loss position, plus if you increase/change your stakes you keep having to reassess what a loss figure means/is. I tried using the Place Bet Triggers condition as a condition for Close Trade On Selection with greening but since neither the offset bet nor the stop loss bets increase this count , I drew a blank there
Any ideas?
Cheers for the help :geek:
Dallas

Have you looked at using a rule to close your trade if a value exceeds the amount you set?
Couple of examples of whats possible below
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 43&t=11407
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 56&t=11954
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 56&t=14371
mcgoo

Thanks for that Dallas-yes I have tried using signals to track the $ loss value (not tried the latest profit vs drop in profit tracking baf but will give that a go too for interest' sake) and I might have to go with that for now but it means I have to pick a figure that covers multiple odds ranges and (although less of an issue) will have to pick a median $ value depending on my stake . Ideally I would like to track the move in ticks against my original bet and/or be able to know when I have an unmatched offset bet (after the stop loss has been hit) for a defined period of time
Dallas

mcgoo wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:36 am
Ideally I would like to track the move in ticks against my original bet and/or be able to know when I have an unmatched offset bet (after the stop loss has been hit) for a defined period of time
Once your stop has been triggered you wont have any unmatched offset - except for the stop its self if the price has gone straight through it?
mcgoo

yes the price moves str8 through it.At this point I want to cancel the unmatched bet and match at best available odds but I can't ( as far as I can tell/stand to be corrected) track when the stop loss bet was placed vs when the offset (also unmatched) bet was placed
mcgoo

Update in case someone else is scratching ye olde grey matter like I am :shock: 8-) and this prompts a few more ideas: I am trying to use a combination of cancelling offset bets after X seconds and greening up if the price moves against me by > Q ticks in Y seconds which is less than X seconds. I am also using fill or kill over Z seconds which is less than X & Y. This looks to be working so far.It's not exactly gonna pay the mortgage and is probably never gonna beat the fast moving (immature) Oz pace and greyhound markets but is a good mental challenge and reduces the risk (Yay Peter W's lessons re minimising loss kicking in :ugeek: )
mcgoo

Another update in case you are bored :.Increase signal when price moves in/out by 1 tick in 1 sec.Decrease when it moves in by one sec and matched bet is greater than 1 or = 1 and use checkpoint match bets to reset the matched bet count
Just a thought.Happy botting :D
mcgoo

Still would love to be able to record my matched price (and ideally whether it was a lay vs back bet but price would be enough)....a move in odds on (under 2) ranges vs 5's, for example, is vastly different in terms of monetary value, so a stop loss vs profit while doable in $ or GBP would, I think, be far more efficient in terms of ticks.Comment welcome.Thanks

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”