Amazon Echo

ShaunWhite

LeTiss 4pm wrote:
Euler wrote:in response to LeTiss....

Alexa told me 'that's not the sort of conversation I can have, let's change the topic.'
Really? :lol:

She doesn't call herself Karen does she.....the sounds exactly like my ex-fiance
:lol:
Euler

ShaunWhite wrote:I'm not an eco-warrior but this is getting silly now.
We have to chop a few trees down to make houses. Progress isn't obviously apparent at times.
andyfuller

Euler wrote:Big version of Siri, but more intelligent with loads of apps, quite fun. First step along this path I think. You can see where it is going.
I find it much better than Siri tbh, though there is still a lot of development that is needed by both Amazon and third party developers.

I find it useful, but not essential and if you don't have Amazon prime and Spotify Premium I would find it at the moment somewhat limited.

I like that with the new fire tv stick that you should be able to control the tv more by voice but it is a shame they aren't updating the existing sticks (unless I missed the news).

In terms of speaker quality it is fine at lower volumes but as you go higher its short comings are quite obvious but for the price and size it does a fairly good job imo.

For the UK price of £100/£150 I think it is quite a good buy but I expect it to be superseded in 2-3 years so at £50 a year I think it is fairly reasonable.

If more developers come on board and we get a lot more of the US only options available to use in the UK I think it will become an excellent addition to the house.

For people with certain disabilities etc I can see it has huge benefits, one of the reviews on the US Amazon site talks about this and how it has given someone huge amount of control back in their life that they had lost - I suspect this wasn't at the forefront of Amazon's mind when developing the product but it is a huge benefit and leap forward for these people and improving their quality of life.
Dublin_Flyer

I don't think it's designed for rap music;

Alexa, play B*tch Please
Alexa, play F*ck Tha Police
Alexa, play Choke me, Spank me, Pull my hair! :lol: :lol:
ShaunWhite

Dublin_Flyer wrote:I don't think it's designed for rap music;

Alexa, play B*tch Please
Alexa, play F*ck Tha Police
Alexa, play Choke me, Spank me, Pull my hair! :lol: :lol:
The best accompaniment for this game must surely be It's All About the Benjamins, closely followed by Insane in the Membrain

Return to “Technology”