Betchair Fart of the Day

The sport of kings.
Anna List

I made a real howler today and decided to start a new thread to document our faux pas.

I have a system which is spreadsheet-driven. I key in a few parameters for each horse in a race and it tells me whether to back, lay or ignore each selection.

Today, I entered the parameters into the spreadsheet for the 15:30 at Chelters. The spreadsheet indicated that I should lay Douvan. Unfortunately, I read the wrong row of the spreadsheet and backed Douvan to win. What a twot.
Dallas

Nice title :lol:
ruthlessimon

yeah like it, the bigger the loss the better! :twisted: ill be sure to post up some trading fiascos
Jukebox

Like the time I had several matches on the go, switching screens to check progress on a correct score market that I already had £55 green on, computer lagging a little and I heard that 'pop' signifying a bet placed - on checking I had accidently clicked on the one click screen whilst changing screens - but where was the bet - I needed to find it quickly - I found it - default bet size set to £64, I discovered i had backed 0-0 - the score was already 2-1 ! It was fully matched too. If you've ever wondered why those lay bets at 1000 are on those dead score lines - its because they catch something now and then. On that occasion only £48 was matched at 1000 the rest was bits and pieces from the kept bets lower down.
Jukebox

Anna List wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:38 pm
The spreadsheet indicated that I should lay Douvan.
Ouch! But with a spreadsheet that can make a call like that you should soon get it back.
ruthlessimon

nice bit of puking.... just before it capitulates #marketoftheday #overstaked
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
iambic_pentameter

Good thread - reminds us that we are only human.

I feel bad now about not having kept some of my cock-ups - will make a mental note to do so now.
ruthlessimon

how not to exit a trade...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”