Today's Atrocious Horse Racing - Pathetic

The sport of kings.
Dublin_Flyer

Could be Betscalper, probably won't hear a thing about it until the inquest into the death. There's a hell of a lot of metal rolling along those wide wheels, if you slipped under them then you could be squished before the tractor driver even realised it.

The death was confirmed just 2 or 3 hours after the incident so the injuries must have been absolutely horrific if he couldn't be kept alive in ICU :(
oliver123

Hi folks, well I was totally unaware about the death of this man until I returned to the forum this morning. What can I say? I think the BHA really needs to convene and take a serious look at starting stalls. I find them futile, mechanical traps and I honestly think that our beloved 4-legged friends are just frightened of them.

I shall end by just saying my thoughts really do go out to the family and loved ones of that brave stall handler!!
gullsfan

What an absolutely horrific and tragic incident. The stall handlers have a thankless task really and its clearly a very dangerous job in the best of circumstances.
The report I read said that the poor man was pronounced dead at the scene. To be honest the initial reports and the pretty swift abandonment of the meeting seemed to indicate that the prognosis was not going to be a good one.
A very sad day.
Dublin_Flyer

oliver123 wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:55 am
I think the BHA really needs to convene and take a serious look at starting stalls. I find them futile, mechanical traps and I honestly think that our beloved 4-legged friends are just frightened of them.

I shall end by just saying my thoughts really do go out to the family and loved ones of that brave stall handler!!
Oliver you're an in-running player as you've mentioned before, so stalls should be a great part of your pre race analysis. Would you prefer a starter line/tape start over minimum distance at a tight track rather than a stall draw? I'd estimate the jockey and horse fatality would rise exponentially as they all make a break for the rail.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”