'Gambling' yards?

The sport of kings.
iambic_pentameter

I've heard people talk about gambling yards in various YouTube videos, and wondered if anyone can point me towards any yards that are known for their gambles?

I don't normally post at 3.30am, but had an early night and am now wide awake!

Iambic
SeaHorseRacing

Gary Moore
Richard Fahey
Sir Mark Prescot
Dai Burchell

Quite a few around but these stick out to me when i see them on the ladders my mind always has this at the back just incase...
Dublin_Flyer

In Ireland traditionally Tony Martin is the main one that most people know.

However trainers from small towns near a big town can be spotted on occasion. Garvan Donnelly from my old tiny village is one, Dundalk would be his "local" track although Fairyhouse is closer to his yard. His horses are as unreliable as a babies arse though, nothing for ages then a flood!

Paul Nolan is well known in Wexford as it's his local track, his BFSP actual/expected is a minus on the P/L suggesting his horses are overbet. He has an actual/expected of 118% suggesting his horses run better than expected, but the P/L is -8.21 with 25/176 wins. However his place record at 58/176 records a profit of 79.36 or 45.09% ROI. Possibly a consideration for a lay to back in the win market, and back to lay in the place market.

All said, any Irish trainer is unreliable as a gambling yard. There's probably close on 1000 employed in Ballydoyle throughout work riders, security, tractor drivers, other general staff. Doesn't take long for word to get around the yard about who's been flying on the gallops, and staff can disperse to Clonmel/Cashel/Cahir all nearby to get their bets on, wouldn't be known as a gambling yard though! :?
iambic_pentameter

Hi SHR and Dublin,

Thanks for these replies - much appreciated.

Iambic

Return to “Trading Horse racing”