Australian racing

The sport of kings.
Cocky88au

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is somebody located in Australia that provides courses on trading the Australia horse racing market?

Is there anybody from Australia on this forum successfully trading the Australian markets? I would be happy to pay for a tutorial...

Cheers
Euler

There are no full timers that do that I'm aware of. I have had discussions with Betfair about coming over later this year. That may happen but it's a long way off at the moment. We are looking at online stuff in the meantime.
gazuty

Betfair invited me to a course in Australia last week (which I declined).

I can see if I can recover the deleted email.
Euler

You wouldn't have missed a thing, in fact you would have been better doing the course from my knowledge of your ability!
gazuty

gazuty wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:41 pm
Betfair invited me to a course in Australia last week (which I declined).

I can see if I can recover the deleted email.
Looks like it's in the double delete bin and lost.
Lutruwita

I am a full-time trader on Australian racing. I have been for 15 months.

Unlike UK racing there can be very little liquidity in some races, often less than AUD 40k matched. Therefore, unfortunately, I am not prepared to give away my edge as it would be cannibalised very quickly. Making over A$100k gross in a year is possible as a manual pre-post trader in Australia. How much of that you keep depends on whatever Betfair charge level you are on. It would be a damn sight more were you allowed to trade in NSW and WA.
iambic_pentameter

Due to some very inconsiderate cats waking me up at 5.30am for the last few days, I'm thinking about having a look at the markets in Australia.

Am I right in thinking there tends to be better volume on Wednesdays and Saturdays?
Naffman

Yes city meetings on Wednesdays and Saturdays, Thursdays aren't too bad but country stuff the other days
iambic_pentameter

Cheers, Naffman.

Does that mean that on other days you;'ve not mentioned, it's not really worth it?
Naffman

They're worth it if you know how to trade them but they're quite a bit different from the city meetings and a world away from UK races :)
iambic_pentameter

Excellent advice again - thank you.
Lutruwita

There was some very unusual activity this afternoon. Big lumps sums randomly emerging on both sides of the book was common, especially on the Sunshine Coast. Race 3 at the Sunshine Coast saw the first three favourites backed, which is very unique. This race got a hold of me as I lost over $50.
Lutruwita

I haven't really traded harness racing much for the past 12 months, but I sat down and had a decent crack for 90 mins tonight without a whole lot of success. Things seem to have changed dramatically. The TAB used to just set their prices irrespective of the very small Betfair pools, not they just blindly follow Betfair in the last 90 seconds of betting.
gg.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lutruwita

Is there any Australians left trading in Aussie races?

Today's liquidity has been terrible. Overall, I have found this year much harder than last.
gazuty

Aarondewit wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:28 am
Is there any Australians left trading in Aussie races?

Today's liquidity has been terrible. Overall, I have found this year much harder than last.
All day, every day (except good Friday and Christmas Day).

Return to “Trading Horse racing”