Liquidity Pooling and Bet Matching in Football Question

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Vlad1111

hello everyone,

i have a question regarding liquidity pooling and matching of bets in football games whether pre kick-off or in play.

let's say for example i wanted to back a 1-1 draw in the "correct score" market. With liquidity pooling, would this mean that the 1-1 back bet in the "correct score" market could be matched as a draw in the "match odds" market whether it is pre kick-off or during in play?

I ask this because i am led to believe a back bet on the draw in the "correct score" market is the same as backing the draw in "match odds" market.

thank you for taking the time to read this, much appreciated and look forward to hearing from you all.

regards,

vlad
Euler

I used to arb between markets on football a lot, but since Betfair started to do cross market cross matching a lot of those opportunities have dried up. I don't think I've ever had a full explanation from Betfair as to exactly how it works or the way they make it work but if you backed unders then there is an obvious link to correct score. So you are on the right track in terms of the general way it works.
LeTiss

I hate it. They should stop it, as nobody trusts BF to do anything honestly - they use XM for their own purposes, it's got fuck all to do with boosting liquidity.
Euler

LeTiss wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:32 pm
I hate it. They should stop it, as nobody trusts BF to do anything honestly - they use XM for their own purposes, it's got fuck all to do with boosting liquidity.
I agree, the market was doing a decent enough job without their help and if anything XM has dried up fill rate so hasn't helped the market.

Return to “Football trading”