Wimbledon 2017

Euler

I honestly don't remember if I said anything on Konta? Or debating it? Maybe crossed lines here?

Anyhow, the forum is here for people to deliberate and debate so I'm totally relaxed about opposing opinions. It's important to have opinions debated because that's where any view will be re-enforced or changed.

Tend to be slightly sanguine on the latter stages of a grand slam. But looking forward to today's women's final.
LeTiss

Euler wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:12 am
I honestly don't remember if I said anything on Konta? Or debating it? Maybe crossed lines here?

Anyhow, the forum is here for people to deliberate and debate so I'm totally relaxed about opposing opinions. It's important to have opinions debated because that's where any view will be re-enforced or changed.

Tend to be slightly sanguine on the latter stages of a grand slam. But looking forward to today's women's final.
He's talking about me PW, not you. He got his wires crossed.

I had written her off as tournament favourite, and was staggered at her favourtism to beat Venus
Euler

I thought it was interesting as she didn't have the form to carry her so far, so I guess it was the 'home' turf that propelled her higher.
Bluesky

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:58 pm
We all always talk about the efficiency of BF markets, but as an avid tennis follower, I've noticed some terribly inaccurate prices pre-match this Wimbledon. Aa a serious tennis trader, a few of them have defied belief
Would you say there have been more inaccurate pre match prices this year than in previous years, and if so what do you think would be the reason for that?
Tuco

LeTiss wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:35 pm
There is clearly courtsiding going on, or somebody is in a position to beat the 5 second delay?!
Courtsiding is supposed to be banned within Centre Court, ie no wi-fi/network signal, but there's clearly a way round it.
Not all in-play markets have the same delay, so perhaps some BF insiders are able to give themselves a smaller delay or even no in-play delay?
Euler

When I've studied courtsiders, I've noticed that they anticipate points rather than wait till one is over. The same thing happens in racing. I've seen a horse backed into 1.01 while three furlongs out. I was there watching the race and the market.

So it's become a game of out anticipating each other. This can give the impression that somebody is somehow in front of the clock. I did see the hawk eye monitors trading once though, which I thought was surely against their terms of employment. No idea if it is still happening. Afterall they would get to see the decision before anybody else.
megarain

I have also seen Sky people trade, which is clearly against there terms etc.

Maybe it's stopped.. they don't like u talking about it.
Dallas

1st Set to muguruza
Tuco

Euler wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:52 pm
I did see the hawk eye monitors trading once though, which I thought was surely against their terms of employment. No idea if it is still happening. Afterall they would get to see the decision before anybody else.
Huge advantage if they get to view all close shots on hawk-eye BEFORE they are even challenged. Could be them or perhaps someone in the press centre where they have feeds and fast internet. Someone definitely still has a decent speed advantage...
Dallas

A well deserve win for Muguruza
Though i was never expecting to see Williams crushed 6-0 especially in a final
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuco

...almost an exact reverse of the Williams -v- Konta match - first set opportunity for one who misses their chance then crumbles - from 5-4 40-15 double set point, Venus didn't win another game! (pretty pathetic all things considered)
James1st

Thats both Murray and Williams stuffed due to injuries. You can't win at this level unless you are 100% fit.
LeTiss

Only the 4th Wimbledon Ladies final to have a 6-0 set since 1975. Humiliation for Venus
Zenyatta

Life-long fan puts £50,000 on Roger Federer to win men's Wimbledon title - and his girlfriend doesn't know
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07 ... don-title/

Not sure that the bet was a good idea. Federer's fantastic but he's past his prime. Cilic's at peak age and in peak form...
Dallas

Not looking good for Cilic

Be a real shame if it end through retirement

Return to “Tennis Trading”