Lay if Set and a Break Up Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on Tennis markets.

The idea for this bot is that in matches with equally skilled players (no strong short priced fav) whichever one takes a 1 set lead and then goes a break up will have shortened to quiet low odds so laying them now the liability will be minimal. However, as the players are equally skilled you would expect their opponent should be capable fighting their way back into the match and if they do so the potential upside is far greater than any downside.

During the final 5 minutes before the scheduled start time the bot will check the price of both players and set a signal if the odds of the fav are >1.55. If no signal gets set then the bot won’t be able to trigger during the match – this allows you to add the days markets and the bot will do the job of filtering out and ignoring all those matches with a strong fav at the start.

Once the match starts if a signal has been set then the bot will wait and lay a player for £10 if they go a set and break up*, if they are then broke back their odds will of risen so the bot will then back them for £5 (this will reduce your already minimal liability even further and may even put you in a small profit) then at the end of the set the bot will green up and if the match is all square you will have a decent profit.

*there is an additional rule added that will set an additional signal to prevent the lay bet from triggering IF a player is a set up but have not gone a break up before 4-4 is reached in the next set.

To use the file just click on Lay if a Set and a Break Up.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.
To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
john_boyuk

Hi there... Afraid I'm unable to import this riles file into guardian.. it says it was created with a different version of Bet Angel and is not compatible.. I am using Professional 1.47.0.. Any ideas?
Thanks
john_boyuk

Hi just an update for you... I have updated BA to the latest version 1.48.1 and I am now able to import the baf file.
Cheers
timbillington

Dallas,

Thanks again as always for your great work.

Is there a way for me to adapt this so that I originally lay to a specific liability, for example £10 (that part is easy) but then, when the break back occurs I place a back bet that removes all liability (so then free rolling until set-end when we green-up)?

Cheers,

Tim
Dallas

timbillington wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:18 am
Dallas,

Thanks again as always for your great work.

Is there a way for me to adapt this so that I originally lay to a specific liability, for example £10 (that part is easy) but then, when the break back occurs I place a back bet that removes all liability (so then free rolling until set-end when we green-up)?

Cheers,

Tim
You can use 'Stake by Liability (back & Lay)' and set the back stake to the same as the lay stake - that will reduce all liability and put all profits onto other player - who odds will continue to shorten so the profit will grow if they pull back and level the set score
timbillington

Thanks for the reply. Of course!

Will have a play around.

Tim
timbillington

Thanks again.

The challenge I still see is that if only say £5 is matched before the break back, then my future back bet of £X (£10 liability based) will be too big - won't it?

I tried to see if this could work with offsetting, but it looks like offsetting doesn't take into account the staking method (by liability back and lay).

If have a liability of £10 then using offsetting (at say 25 ticks higher) it will be at the full stake to remove all liability from the "wrong player" - won't it? i.e. offsetting leaves all profit on the player we want to lose the set.

Sorry if I am missing something obvious here.

Tim
Dallas

timbillington wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:17 pm
Thanks again.

The challenge I still see is that if only say £5 is matched before the break back, then my future back bet of £X (£10 liability based) will be too big - won't it?

I tried to see if this could work with offsetting, but it looks like offsetting doesn't take into account the staking method (by liability back and lay).

If have a liability of £10 then using offsetting (at say 25 ticks higher) it will be at the full stake to remove all liability from the "wrong player" - won't it? i.e. offsetting leaves all profit on the player we want to lose the set.

Sorry if I am missing something obvious here.

Tim
You can t use offsetting when trying to achieve this so it has to be done via a separate back bet. If there is a risk your whole opening bet wont be matched then your only option is to add a 'number of unmatched bets' condition is equal to 0 to your back bet (effectively only allowing it to trigger if your whole lay has been matched).
You would then need a 2nd back up plan - as you wont know the amount matched to place the correct back liability so you could perhaps instead just use a green all directly in this situation (ie there is still unmatched bets in the market).

The best option is of course to always try and get you lay fully matched to start with :)
timbillington

Thank you again. Much appreciated.

All set now, will do some updates to the file.

Tim
Tomm

Is there way to get this to work for the underdog to a 1.55 favourite as well as matches where there is no clear favourite?
Dallas

Tomm wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:16 pm
Is there way to get this to work for the underdog to a 1.55 favourite as well as matches where there is no clear favourite?
Yes you can just adjust the fixed odds condition of the 'Set/Modify signal' rule or remove it altogether to cover all matches, if removing ensure you also remove the signal condition from the lay rule
Tomm

Dallas wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:35 pm
Yes you can just adjust the fixed odds condition of the 'Set/Modify signal' rule or remove it altogether to cover all matches, if removing ensure you also remove the signal condition from the lay rule
Would this not also lay the prematch favourite if they were to go a set and break up as well?
Dallas

Tomm wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:38 pm
Dallas wrote:
Would this not also lay the prematch favourite if they were to go a set and break up as well?
So you want to lay only if its the prematch 2nd fav that goes a set and break up (as long as the fav was also >1.55 pre match)?
Tomm

Dallas wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:46 pm
Tomm wrote:
Dallas wrote:
So you want to lay only if its the prematch 2nd fav that goes a set and break up (as long as the fav was also >1.55 pre match)?
I want to be able to lay both players if neither of them are below 1.55 pre match, but I also want to be able to lay the 2nd fav if the first fav is under 1.55 if that makes sense :lol:
Dallas

Tomm wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:06 pm
Dallas wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:46 pm
Tomm wrote:

I want to be able to lay both players if neither of them are below 1.55 pre match, but I also want to be able to lay the 2nd fav if the first fav is under 1.55 if that makes sense :lol:
Yes i see what you mean now, first add another set/modify signal rule (set to trigger once just before match goes in-play)
applied to Betfair order of fav 1

Conditions tab
Fixed odds cond
Selections back price
is less than 1.55

Signal Tab
Signal for current selection
Action - Set Signal
(give it a name and value of your choice)

Then on the existing lay rule add the following;

Conditions Tab
Signal Set Condition
Is the signal named (whatever you called it from above)
for the selection
NOT set with a value

That will do it, basically your setting a signal if fav is <1.55 pre match then telling the lay bet to only trigger on that selection if signal is not set

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Tennis”