Greening up

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
mactavish

Hi, I'm somewhat confused by this. using only minimum stakes so only making small gains. But I green up at say 10p great that appears in the account. I trade again and the numbers show 15 so I green up again but only get 5p in the account. I then have a downturn and end up greening up for a red figure of 1.So I have lost a penny but won 15 - I think , but no I have actually lost 16p. I think I understand that the green-up display just accumulates all the time, but how can I make a profit if the machine keeps eating it up. Is there a way round this ??
jimibt

the green value is only relative to what is happening at the time, it doesn't know about cumulative values, so if you green on £1, then add more trades and green again on £2, the sum total green is still £2 -and so on (the same goes for red losses)
mactavish

Thanks, but if I green at £1 and then again at £2 as you suggest, then I have made £2 if I then lose £1 and green up I will actually lose the £2 I had gained plus the £1 Loss . So I will end up out by £1. It doesn't seem to be very profitable.
Dallas

mactavish wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:27 pm
Thanks, but if I green at £1 and then again at £2 as you suggest, then I have made £2 if I then lose £1 and green up I will actually lose the £2 I had gained plus the £1 Loss . So I will end up out by £1. It doesn't seem to be very profitable.
If after you have greened at £2 you lose £1 then green up again you will have £1 profit still
But if you lose £3 (having already greened up at £2) then you will have a loss of -£1

As Jimibt says its a running total and the P/L from your most recent trade is added/subtracted from this total
rdth1978

sorry this may sound a bit stupid but I tick the green up box then the figure keeps changing? how do i lock in the green up profit shown??
Dallas

rdth1978 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:55 pm
sorry this may sound a bit stupid but I tick the green up box then the figure keeps changing? how do i lock in the green up profit shown??
Click on the figure showing

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”