Trading Greyhound racing

We've gone to the dogs.
Euler

That's from yesterday 71 races
LeTiss

Tremendous stuff, nothing wrong with £125 from 71 races, especially as it's automated. You can just let it do it's business in the background, whilst you attend to more meatier trades

£125 is £75 after 40%PC - over 20 days a month, that's £1500 take home, or £18000 per annum

Bloody marvellous effort PW
deansaccount

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:10 pm
The screenshot is just for 71 races , think he means that's where his efforts of 12,000 races have got him to. Around £2 per race is decent for the dogs I'm not close to that, yet.
haha not sure what I was thinking there. That is indeed a good effort!
dannycutts

Euler wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:01 pm
After nearly 12,000 races this is where I've ended up. I think there is an upper limit on what you can expect to get from each race.

03-08-2017 08-24-36 - Copy.png
good woork :D From what I have read of your posts that is just gap filling??
Euler

Y, it's essentially gap filling. I just went back to stuff I was doing right in the early days and re-applied it to Greyhounds as the markets are very gappy. Two major things have changed since I last looked at Greys seven years ago. First is XM is applied and the second is SP, so that's helped on this occasion I reckon.
dannycutts

Euler wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:31 am
Y, it's essentially gap filling. I just went back to stuff I was doing right in the early days and re-applied it to Greyhounds as the markets are very gappy. Two major things have changed since I last looked at Greys seven years ago. First is XM is applied and the second is SP, so that's helped on this occasion I reckon.
Awesome :D

How has SP helped you now?
Euler

Just as a safety feature. Sometimes it's difficult to exit a market properly before the races start.
deansaccount

Euler wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:31 am
Does it have a preference on having the back of lay filled first?
dannycutts

Euler wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:30 pm
Just as a safety feature. Sometimes it's difficult to exit a market properly before the races start.
Ah fair enough thought it would be that but just wanted to clarify :D
Scamp

Fantastic results PW, is this Greybot done in Guardian or using an excel sheet?
DaveD

Hi All,
I'm still a real novice at trading and have only read about various automation threads as yet. I find that in general the people here are very helpful and supportive of each other and that displaying their achievements serves as encouragement to others (IMHO). it's a shame though that not all is as it seems at times.
I have three goals at present; to develop my skills trading manually, to get to grips with successful automation and finally to develop a bot to filter out the cons. from the real. the third I will make available to all but in the meantime I will continue to read the threads, watch the vids and learn as much as i can.
regards
Dave D.
p.s.
Peter i think you previously mentioned that you run 2x grey bot strategies, do you select different classes of race accordingly for each bot or do you have to have 2x BA accounts to run both systems on all applicable races?
many thanks in advance.
iambic_pentameter

Whilst I commend you for your intentions of developing a bot and making it available to all, as you will see when you read through the threads, trading is all about having an edge. Thus, if 200 people all do what you are doing, then there will be no edge anymore.

That being said, I think your thought process is sound - if you spend time in the markets manually, you'll then be able to see how it behaves and from there, a platform on which to try some automation.

Best of luck,

Iambic
DaveD

Hi Iambic,
thanks for your support, i'm sorry if i have misled you in any way but my third goal of making a bot to find the cons from the real was a silly stab at sarcasm to exclude the 'fake' or not screen shots shown in this and previous threads of P&L etc and following posts. For people like myself, who are still trying to learn and may be a bit more easily fooled, when the topics go off piste from the true intention of the thread it turns into a total waste of time spent from what they intended to do.
Any advice, support and hints (as you said giving away your edge is useless) are most welcomed.
thanks for the reply
kind regards
Dave D.
Euler

Scamp wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:06 am
Fantastic results PW, is this Greybot done in Guardian or using an excel sheet?
Guardian
Euler

deansaccount wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:12 pm
Does it have a preference on having the back of lay filled first?
No

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”