Back to lay betting

A place to discuss anything.
rainbow219

Hi guys.

Just after some advice.

When doing back to lay betting to run inplay when is the best time to place the back bet??

5 secs before the off, 5 mins, 10 mins, 30 mins???

Thank you.
Bluesky

I know someone who is brilliant at back to lays, for flat racing he doesn't bet until his horse has cleared the stalls, as sometimes his chosen horse wont come out as he expects it to and so he wont place the bet.
trader44

rainbow219 wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:48 pm
Hi guys.

Just after some advice.

When doing back to lay betting to run inplay when is the best time to place the back bet??

5 secs before the off, 5 mins, 10 mins, 30 mins???

Thank you.
my advice is pick a time and stick to that time every bet/trade it will work out the same in the end as some will drift some will steam in before the off anyway :D
andyrich666

If you place about 5 minutes before then just before the off you can see which of your horses have come in on price and which have drifted and if you feel the need as in say a fav has massively come in you can adjust the prices on the others, lay a bit off or lump a bit more on. I used to do 2 mins before but , if I have say a well handicapped outsider 20/1 + then ill back it 5/10 min before, otherwise about 2 minutes before. Sometimes the outsiders you fancy will come in and some will drift

Return to “General discussion”