Trainer/Jockey etc on the ladder

Help improve Bet Angel.

Would you like the option to add connection info such as trainer/jockey to the ladder?

Yes
78%
No
3%
Not Needed
19%
Other (Please Specify)
No votes

Total votes: 37
Trader_Tom

Would anyone like to see info on connections as an option to be displayed on the header/footer of the ladder?
Geordie

+1, yes definitely, Tom. I'm sure I asked/voted for this previously on another thread.

I understand it's not for everyone ("too much clutter/keeping it clean" gets banded about), but having the option to display or not would be the way to go (and please everyone).
Trader_Tom

Geordie wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 7:22 am
+1, yes definitely, Tom. I'm sure I asked/voted for this previously on another thread.

I understand it's not for everyone ("too much clutter/keeping it clean" gets banded about), but having the option to display or not would be the way to go (and please everyone).
Obviously I don't know the ins and outs of software development but I would assume it would be a fairly easy feature to add. The problem I have is for some reason when I hover over the silks in the market over view the information usually doesn't pop up or is very inconsistent in doing it.
Korattt

+1
Alpha322

Trader_Tom wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 5:37 pm
Would anyone like to see info on connections as an option to be displayed on the header/footer of the ladder?
Why on earth would you want that, i certainly dont trade on strengh of Jockey or who the trainer is, those (Gambaling days) went for me years ago. Trading is about market reading and oppotunity, people lose money on here because they still have that gambleing instict, connecting themselves with the event, so many of my friends keep saying who do you think then is going to win etc etc, i keep telling them i only see if a oppotunity arrises within that market, i have no interest in the outcome of the event. What i would like to see is a Bank so newbies can see where they are going wrong, Trading is about oppotunity price move within a market not Trainer and Jockey, they have no influence.
Naffman

Some trainers are notorious for a big gamble and some aren't so I think knowing the trainer is quite important. It'd be a nice feature instead of going back to the one click screen.
Freepunt

I think this every day when continually needing to switch back to one click view to see this and the horses' positions in previous runs.

I was wondering if mousing over the horses name could bring it up in the drop down menu but not sure if that is possible.
Trader_Tom

Alpha322 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:02 am
Trader_Tom wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 5:37 pm
Why on earth would you want that, i certainly dont trade on strengh of Jockey or who the trainer is, those (Gambaling days) went for me years ago. Trading is about market reading and oppotunity, people lose money on here because they still have that gambleing instict, connecting themselves with the event, so many of my friends keep saying who do you think then is going to win etc etc, i keep telling them i only see if a oppotunity arrises within that market, i have no interest in the outcome of the event. What i would like to see is a Bank so newbies can see where they are going wrong, Trading is about oppotunity price move within a market not Trainer and Jockey, they have no influence.
I couldn't disagree more mate. The opinion of the market is what drives prices and this is what I'm interested in. I don't trade off the strength of a jockey or trainer, I trade the numbers. However if a well known jockey is on for a treble I want to know if the horse that's currently being backed in is his. It adds confidence to a trade. I never trade an expectation without confirmation but all these pieces of info add up to a greater picture.

Let's also say that the favorite has been on the drift, you're only for a lovely trade and all is well, the horses start lining up at the start and suddenly the price starts to come in, you lose all your green and are now at scratch again. Afterwards you find out that you were unaware that the horse you were trading was a trainer who predominantly trains front runners and they are often backed if they have an uncontested lead on the line up. This is common knowledge and caused by the back to lay traders taking a position. Had you been aware of this knowledge you could have been in a position to protect yourself against it.

I think you think I'm some sort of gambler. I've never had those "gambling days" and have probably had less than 10 straight bets in my lifetime. I don't give a toss about gambling as I'm a trader but I do give a toss about people who gamble. If a gamble is happening then it may well be something to do with the trainer/jockey. Now tell me how it's not relevant and they have no influence?
to75ne

surely your pictures or commentary mention what jock is on what horse, saddle cloth number stall, trainer, owner, whether its playing up, wearing a tounge tie, refused to start last time and so on.
Trader_Tom

to75ne wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:37 pm
surely your pictures or commentary mention what jock is on what horse, saddle cloth number stall, trainer, owner, whether its playing up, wearing a tounge tie, refused to start last time and so on.
They don't cover every horse no. I want a quick reference so I have an idea of what could happen so I'm not on the wrong side of it or even better, profiting from it. Every single profitable trade who I talk with daily uses this information to make money. Trading is all about risk vs reward so let's put it in terms we call all understand...

What is the downside to having this information available at a glance? None.

What is the upside? A few were mentioned above.

So why not include it? Fair play if you don't use it but the fact is, this information plays a part in making me money. I pay my subscription and as per the forums suggestions, I put a poll up to see if we could make it a possibility and many would seem to benefit from it.

It seems that people just like to go against the grain for the sake of it.

As you can probably tell. The post I originally replied to annoyed me a tad. It took a lot of work for me to be able to earn good money from this so when someone trivializes it and compares me to a mug punter I find it a little insulting.
to75ne

i am sure alpha did not mean to nark you :)

i believe ba as to much stuff these days, to messy and as i rarely care or know what a horses name is let alone its jock i am not too concerned but i can see your point. (i am more concerned with the race type and the track).

but the info you would like to see is readily available on the 1 click screen and in the ba excel sheet, and as most trade with more than one screen these days, its only a flick of the eyes away (but i do see your point).
Trader_Tom

to75ne wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:43 pm
i am sure alpha did not mean to nark you :)

i believe ba as to much stuff these days, to messy and as i rarely care or know what a horses name is let alone its jock i am not too concerned but i can see your point. (i am more concerned with the race type and the track).

but the info you would like to see is readily available on the 1 click screen and in the ba excel sheet, and as most trade with more than one screen these days, its only a flick of the eyes away (but i do see your point).
Everyone trades differently. I'm not usually fussed on the race type but do take notice of it. The prices are more important to me.

I get what you mean about BA being too messy but this isn't going to add any more mess. Simply another option in the already present drop down menu in the ladder settings. I use the market overview to see the market depth outside of the 5 ladders I have up but I have to hover my mouse over each runner and most of the time it doesn't work. It's not practical at all. I've not used the spreadsheet though so that could be one to look at.
Bluesky

I too would like to see this feature added for exactly the reasons Tom has given in this thread.
Korattt

bump bump bumperty bump
Seti

Would it be possible to make the runners information available via the ladder as it is on the one click screen. I.E. when floating the mouse cursor over the horses name.

Return to “Suggestions”