Power Query - In-Running Stats

ShaunWhite

paspuggie48 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:15 pm
Not a PQ but all historic results dating back to July 2014, all 22,000+ records !

Had to separate into 2 files due to size restrictions :)

In-Running Historic Results 2014-18.xlsx
In-Running Historic Results 2019-23.xlsx
22,000? Just for 2019-now there's been nearly 48,000 races.

eg i picked one recent day and I only got these...
Screenshot_6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paspuggie48

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:44 pm
paspuggie48 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:15 pm
Not a PQ but all historic results dating back to July 2014, all 22,000+ records !

Had to separate into 2 files due to size restrictions :)

In-Running Historic Results 2014-18.xlsx
In-Running Historic Results 2019-23.xlsx
22,000? Just for 2019-now there's been nearly 48,000 races.

eg i picked one recent day and I only got these...Screenshot_6.jpg
The data is correct Shaun.

As per your snapshot, this is the screenshot directly from the website (1 did not run), so 2 selections.

Capture.PNG

The website only shows horses where their rating meets whatever criteria and those are the ones they display, not every horse for every race.

Just to add, I purposefully do not mention website names or sources, since it was raised on this Forum when I first started posting PQ solutions. The data source is sneakily hinted at in my original quote on the first post of this PQ example i.e.
If you want to know the data source go to Data Tab > Get data > Data Source Settings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

paspuggie48 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:18 pm

As per your snapshot, this is the screenshot directly from the website (1 did not run), so 2 selections.

The website only shows horses where their rating meets whatever criteria and those are the ones they display, not every horse for every race.

Just to add, I purposefully do not mention website names or sources, since it was raised on this Forum when I first started posting PQ solutions. The data source is sneakily hinted at in my original quote
I understand, I hadn't read the whole tread. It just popped off the page.

It would be handy if these things showed the actually traded volume at these mins and maxes because it's usually pennies, so you find and edge and then you can't execute it.
paspuggie48

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:33 pm
paspuggie48 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:18 pm

Just to add, I purposefully do not mention website names or sources, since it was raised on this Forum when I first started posting PQ solutions. The data source is sneakily hinted at in my original quote
I understand, I hadn't read the whole tread. It just popped off the page.

It would be handy if these things showed the actually traded volume at these mins and maxes because it's usually pennies, so you find and edge and then you can't execute it.
Not sure bud, the data is as it is from the website.

TBH, the results were not quite what I wanted. I wanted to get all historic records (with percentages) to back up the original tool I posted. I'll work on that and go get them !!

Return to “Excel Power Query”