Alert that Market Suspended

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
johnnyinamoto

Is it possible to alert me in some way when the market is suspended?

The reason I need this is I trade the very start of horse races, and sometimes the market remains suspended a few seconds after the start of the race. So if I'm not looking at BA, rather the racing feed, I think I've placed my first bet but I haven't.

My preference would be to have some sort of sound effect when I try to place a bet during a suspension. If I'm clicking the ladder and no bets are being accepted due to the suspension, BA would put out a small sound effect for every click.

Failing that, one of BA's competitors changes the colour of the ladder duing suspensions and also makes a noise. Is that possible?

I know BA says "suspended" in the top corner, but I was hoping for something more obvious.
Dallas

You just need an 'Alert (play sound / show message)' rule (on the general tab of this rule tick the 'allow rule to trigger when market is suspended' box
and then on the parameters tab configure it to do what you want (ie use a sound file that repeats the word 'suspended' every 0.5-1sec)
Parameters

It then just needs a 'Market Status' condition to check its suspended
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/market_status.html
johnnyinamoto

Cheers Dallas

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”