Add Market_Profi

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
RMSSC

Good morning,
One more help, I intend to add to the Guardian list the net profit of each race, just as it appears in the Running Profit Total Loss, posted by Dallas
viewtopic.php?t=25455

In other words I want to add to the list the: Market_Profit

However, I'm unable to do this because the column settings don't show Choose Selection> Any Selection.

Can you help?
Cheers,
Rui
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesedwards

I store market_profit at market level. I don't know why Dallas' rule stores market_profit at selection level, but I'm sure there's a reason. I find the market_level P&L very useful, but I gave up accumulating a P&L figure because almost every day Betfair initially settle something incorrectly and the cumulative number couldn't be relied upon.
RMSSC

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:48 pm
I store market_profit at market level. I don't know why Dallas' rule stores market_profit at selection level, but I'm sure there's a reason. I find the market_level P&L very useful, but I gave up accumulating a P&L figure because almost every day Betfair initially settle something incorrectly and the cumulative number couldn't be relied upon.
Hello,

I really need to know how I know if the strategy is profitable or not, basically it is impossible for me to be present to see if each game or race was profitable or not.
How can I see that?
Can you help, or can someone help?
jamesedwards

RMSSC wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:07 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Hello,

I really need to know how I know if the strategy is profitable or not, basically it is impossible for me to be present to see if each game or race was profitable or not.
How can I see that?
Try this one instead.

In this version the profit for the each market is stored under 'Market_Profit' at 'the Market' level. The cumulative profit is stored under 'Total_Profit' at 'Bet Angel' level.

I haven't tested this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RMSSC

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:27 pm
RMSSC wrote:
jamesedwards wrote:
Hello,

How can I see that?
Try this one instead.

In this version the profit for the each market is stored under 'Market_Profit' at 'the Market' level. The cumulative profit is stored under 'Total_Profit' at 'Bet Angel' level.

I haven't tested this.
Thank you for your help.
Cheers
jamesedwards

RMSSC wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:23 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:27 pm
RMSSC wrote:

Hello,

How can I see that?
Try this one instead.

I haven't tested this.
Thank you for your help.
Cheers
Does it work ok?
Dallas

There is a ready made example that do this already if you haven't got it to work yet
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=25596
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:57 pm
There is a ready made example that do this already if you haven't got it to work yet
I think there is an error in the rulefile 'Running Profit and Loss Total.baf' in the thread linked in the OP's first post? It tries to save 'Market_Profit' at selection level instead of market level, so it can't be displayed on the Guardian screen? Or perhaps it's only designed to show the cumulative total only?
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:01 pm
Dallas wrote:
I think there is an error in the rulefile 'Running Profit and Loss Total.baf' in the thread linked in the OP's first post? It tries to save 'Market_Profit' at selection level instead of market level, so it can't be displayed on the Guardian screen? Or perhaps it's only designed to show the cumulative total only?
I think at the time of creating it was mainly for the cumulative total to be used by other automation rules (you can probably guess what people would use it for ;) ) - but with the option of displaying displaying it throughout BA

But you are right it probably should have been stored at market level, so it was ready to be displayed rather than people having to restore the value to do it
RMSSC

Dallas wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:49 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:01 pm
Dallas wrote:
I think at the time of creating it was mainly for the cumulative total to be used by other automation rules (you can probably guess what people would use it for ;) ) - but with the option of displaying displaying it throughout BA

But you are right it probably should have been stored at market level, so it was ready to be displayed rather than people having to restore the value to do it
Thanks Dallas now I have a better perception.
I created an automation to store the back and lay odds of the first 3 favourites at the price of the last 15 seconds before the start of the race, and added them to the guardian list and the log, in the log they are stored, but in the Guardian list most of the time they are not.
Is there a reason for this, how do I solve this problem?
however
Cheers,
Rui

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”