Power Query - PDC Darts Player Results

paspuggie48

This Power Query solution simply grabs a Players last 10 match results, with average thrown scores & games against their Opponent.

PDC Darts Player Results.xlsx

There are 2 Tables for Player A and Player B

PDCdarts.png

To enable, select a Player from each pull-down menu.

PDCdartsplayer.png

Once you have selected the H2H Players to update, go to the Data Tab and select "Refresh All".

Basically, it dynamically updates the PDC Order of Merit of 168 Players URL in the 'PlayerList' worksheet and with a simple function it grabs each Players data and updates both Tables accordingly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Good stuff again.

I don't suppose you have come across any dart by dary scores on your travels?
delboy1234

Thanks for the share.
I have just had a play but it throws up the following error. Power Query is not my thing so wasn't sure what it relates to.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

i get that as well.
paspuggie48

delboy1234 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:34 am
Thanks for the share.
I have just had a play but it throws up the following error. Power Query is not my thing so wasn't sure what it relates to.
I've not seen that error before and I can only assume it's probably because of your Excel version. I subscribe to O365 and get regular updates/upgrades.

I could imagine if I was actually using what they call "Add tables from example" but in this case I simply imported the Table that was being suggested when I applied the URL of the website.

As I don't have an older version of Excel I cannot replicate it. Maybe Memphis could try with his version as the solutions I post usually work for him (and others)
paspuggie48

Euler wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:28 am
Good stuff again.

Alas no...been searching for a long time now and can't find any results/stats that give a dart-by-dart score. You would think someone would have thought to do this :D
paspuggie48

paspuggie48 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:47 pm
delboy1234 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:34 am
Thanks for the share.
I've not seen that error before and I can only assume it's probably because of your Excel version. I subscribe to O365 and get regular updates/upgrades.

I could imagine if I was actually using what they call "Add tables from example" but in this case I simply imported the Table that was being suggested when I applied the URL of the website.

As I don't have an older version of Excel I cannot replicate it. Maybe Memphis could try with his version as the solutions I post usually work for him (and others)
An example of what I mentioned is kind of explained here re: certain functions/capabilities with versions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mso ... ce1c9f9c4a

Out of interest I saved the workbook as a 97-2003 .xls version and barring the compatability message the query still worked for me.

Just in case, here it is
PDC Darts Player Results.xls

Try also your privacy settings. Data Tab > Get Data > Query Options > Privacy and select 'Always Ignore Privacy Levels'
delboy1234

I have just tried the other file you uploaded but still get the same error. Unfortunately selecting Ignore Privacy Levels didn't help either.
I will have a look at updated my copy of Excel.

Thanks
paspuggie48

delboy1234 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:52 pm
I have just tried the other file you uploaded but still get the same error. Unfortunately selecting Ignore Privacy Levels didn't help either.
I will have a look at updated my copy of Excel.

Thanks
Sorry delboy1234, as I said I've not seen that error before. See how you get on ;)
MemphisFlash

i have office 365 and getting the message.
paspuggie48

paspuggie48 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:48 pm
Euler wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:28 am
Good stuff again.

Alas no...been searching for a long time now and can't find any results/stats that give a dart-by-dart score. You would think someone would have thought to do this :D
There is a Timeline with scores. Alas, I cannot connect to it with PQ. Maybe some whizzo Python code can get it?

Capture.PNG
paspuggie48

MemphisFlash wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:48 pm
i have office 365 and getting the message.
Strange for sure Tom
Mike Oxlong

paspuggie48 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:13 pm

There is a Timeline with scores. Alas, I cannot connect to it with PQ. Maybe some whizzo Python code can get it?

Capture.PNG
Looks interesting, where did you find this, PDC TV?
paspuggie48

PDC Website Mike, Livescores section

Return to “Excel Power Query”