London Mayor market

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:12 pm
Given Mr Cameron’s latest comments, I still believe the UK will be at war very soon. So, elections are kind of irrelevant.
The stock market disagrees. We shall see who is correct. Truss was wrong, the market was right.
Thatcher also believed you can't buck the market. On that I agree with her, but on virtually nothing else.
jamesedwards

Archery1969 wrote:
Given Mr Cameron’s latest comments, I still believe the UK will be at war very soon. So, elections are kind of irrelevant.
:lol:

Such a shame Betfair haven't put up a "Will there be a war before the next election" market. You could have cleaned up.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 9:15 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
The stock market disagrees. We shall see who is correct. Truss was wrong, the market was right.
Thatcher also believed you can't buck the market. On that I agree with her, but on virtually nothing else.
You’re probably correct.

But when Mr Cameron says Ukraine can use UK supplied military hardware to strike Russia internally then that kind of ramps up the situation somewhat.

The previous delivery of storm missiles had a range of 155 miles. The new ones being delivered have a window of 230 miles. If they start landing in Russia then things could get very hairy to say the least.
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 9:55 pm
greenmark wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:
You’re probably correct.

But when Mr Cameron says Ukraine can use UK supplied military hardware to strike Russia internally then that kind of ramps up the situation somewhat.

The previous delivery of storm missiles had a range of 155 miles. The new ones being delivered have a window of 230 miles. If they start landing in Russia then things could get very hairy to say the least.
It looks like we are supplying a lot to Ukraine. But not decisive weapons. It's pretty awful to define the level of lethality you provide for an ally.
But I am less confident we are not heading for a major confrontation. Russia and North Korea are headed by nutters. Putin in particular. His rhetoric is so skewed with realiity. It's all about the evil west.
To me he's an unreconstructed soviet dictator.
But I guess we just have to accept Russia is a young country. It will take time to become a democracy.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 10:18 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 9:55 pm
greenmark wrote:

You’re probably correct.

It looks like we are supplying a lot to Ukraine. But not decisive weapons. It's pretty awful to define the level of lethality you provide for an ally.
But I am less confident we are not heading for a major confrontation. Russia and North Korea are headed by nutters. Putin in particular. His rhetoric is so skewed with realiity. It's all about the evil west.
To me he's an unreconstructed soviet dictator.
But I guess we just have to accept Russia is a young country. It will take time to become a democracy.
+ 1

Ukraine took delivery of 12 anti aircraft, drone and missile system which the UK developed. Instead of spending and using $400,000 per shot it enables them to spend just $80 using a cordinated laser system. Obviously it’s a test system but did go through a number of pre production trials.

Also, the RAF designed a new cheap drone which can fly above 8,000 feet, has a speed of 120 MPH and burst speed of 170 MPH. Has 360 degree HD night vision and carry an array of armaments.

If those above prove affective in combat then could be a game changer money wise.

Time will tell but fingers crossed. 🙏
Crazyskier

The Silk Run wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:44 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 1:04 pm
ODPaul82 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:37 pm

I'm not a fan of him personally, just find him irritating :D but I find most politicians the same.
Price has dropped to 1.01 so am guessing bit of insider info on count has leaked out. I've added a bit more to my lay position as anything could still happen.
Good luck with the posturing on the outcome. I know you know what you are doing.
And have a lovely weekend ....
Inshah Allah :D
Erm, this is an English speaking forum for customers of an English company.

CS
ODPaul82

The Silk Run wrote:

And I believe KHAN has just won the London Mayoral Election 2024 - Inshah Allah :D
:D I got the trade pretty wrong, but I personally felt it was worth a stab
Definitely over-estimated the impact of ULEZ would have on it all.
conduirez

Crazyskier wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 11:47 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
The Silk Run wrote:

Good luck with the posturing on the outcome. I know you know what you are doing.

CS
Erm The Silk Run is speaking modern English. :lol:
sionascaig

Crazyskier wrote:
The Silk Run wrote:
The Silk Run wrote:

CS
Erm, إن شاء الله, and I can see your point.

Please keep your bigotry to within the church...
greenmark

sionascaig wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 9:56 am
Crazyskier wrote:
The Silk Run wrote:

CS
Erm, إن شاء الله, and I can see your point.

Please keep your bigotry to within the church...
Sorry CS, but I agree with sionascaig and The Silk Run. The "english" language is dripping with words from other languages. And all the better for it.
Euler

Please keep this thread trading related.
greenmark

Euler wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 1:40 pm
Please keep this thread trading related.
Why not close the thread? The result is known. We can bicker on other threads.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”