Newbie needs help with placing bets from a spreadsheet

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Winner11

Hi all,

New to BetAngel and wondering if it will do what I need....

Each day I come up with a series of greyhound selections with a rated price. They're in an Excel spreadsheet and there might be up to 50 a day. The spreadsheet looks like this -

Venue Race Number Rated Price
Warragul 3 4 $2.08
Sale 6 1 $4.09
etc

I've been putting them into Betfair manually to back at BSP. and I tick the box to 'Set SP Odds limit' and put in my rated price. So the bet only gets filled if my rated price is exceeded.

Now that I'm happy with the trial, I'd like to automate it somewhat. I'm happy to manually populate the Excel spreadsheet with the selection data, but ideally if I can automate the Betfair part that would be great.

I'm assuming this is an easy task for BetAngel, but have no clue how to set it up and get my spreadsheet data loaded etc. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
getagrip68

I do something similar, if you're OK with Excel and Guardian it's fairly simple, just search YouTube for Bet Angel Spreadsheet and there's a number of tutorials, also check the User Guide:

https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/mic ... k5&mw=MzIw

It can get complicated taking into account things like reserves or non-runners but I only bet UK so don't know how that affects AUS.

Cheers
Winner11

Thank you - you wouldn't have a spreadsheet template that you could share would you?
getagrip68

You need to use the Bet Angel template and modify it to suit your needs, the template should already be on your PC as part on the Bet Angel software:

https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/sta ... Qz&mw=MzIw

It's a long time since I set up the orignal connection so you'd need to watch the videos and read the instructions. After that it's a case of using IF commands etc to tell the spreadsheet what to do and then link it via Guardian. I advise watching the spreadsheet for a while to make sure it does what you want before leaving it to bet away on your behalf.
MemphisFlash

if you know the dog names it could be done with text comparison condition

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”