EPIC Gubbing

The sport of kings.
andyfuller

£389,647 just been done at 1.01!!!!!
davetimmins

I can't believe no-one else has commented on this. Most of this was on the photo. Richard Hoyles on RUK did say that it was an "unreliable angle" Not kidding! Lot of horses done 1.1 and below in running today. Lots of "carnage" as they say on TV
Euler

I didn't cotton on to it until the commentator said something but it was too late to grab a screen shot. Must be one of the biggest gubbings ever.
sweetybt

The amended result at Nottingham will be even worse. First thrown out for 2lb under weight.

cost me £200 but will surely put others out of business.
andyfuller

Doubt it was bigger in terms of 1.01 tbh.

What had you done for the amended result to end up costing you that much? Had you backed the winner?

Hopefully no one was risking their entire bank on one race outcome if they were it was only a matter of time until they were put out of business as harsh as that may sound.
sweetybt

I had 50 profit on the winner and 150 liability on the second.

If on course traders were confident of victory and no stewards they would have put their house on it. I can't remember the last amended result for a weigh in issue.
andyfuller

But in a normal race like that looked you wouldn't get people willing to lay for as much, the reason the earlier race was so big was because of the market being reopened which allowed a lot more money to be matched.

In your normal clear cut winner race as that looked a lot less is matched at low odds as people aren't willing to throw money away to an extent.
andyfuller

Take Kempton just now - only £9,396 matched at 1.01 with £8,794 still wanting on at 1.01, the money that tends to get matched in such cases of a clear winner is the money that is left at 1.01 on every runner.

You tend to need a difference of opinion for the big money to get matched.
sweetybt

I didn't see if Notts was clear cut, Betfair video was not working for that race and my Sky box is in another room so the kids can watch dispicable me. :roll:

I wonder if anyone emptied their account with their winnings before the result was amended.

Now... if they threw the horse out if the jockey was banned for whip abuse that would make IP trading really interesting.

Having a nightmare generally today so one more kick in teeth doesn't matter.
andyfuller

If they did empty their account if they ever try to use it again Betfair will just take the money they are owed when the account holder attempts to re-deposit funds.

I think the whip issue would cause issues for a bit but then the Jocks would have no reason to break the rules so I think personally they would soon cut out the over hitting (bar the reason they have at the moment which is to keep the issue in the headlines so as to try and get their way, but that is the conspiracy theory in me talking, surprised Jeff hasn't mentioned that yet ;)).

Also it would just mean one more thing for ir punters to keep an eye out for. They do pretty well already on things such as interference for example so I am sure they would soon learn to count to 7 and 8. Though it does seem that isn't as easy as one might think :)
gutuami

kgb lost and Fantasy Gladiator won and have not even touched 1.01
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”