Betfair on a Satuday

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.

How was Betfair for you today?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:13 pm

Perfect
33%
Not bad
33%
No change from midweek
No votes
Not very good
33%
Bloody terrible
No votes

Total votes: 6
jimrobo

that is what they call carnage!!!

IR must have been a complete lottery! I fully expected the whole thing to crash which I reckon it was very close to doing!! Average response times of 10000 ms for me close to the off in the national!
Squirtle

Saturday just gone was rubbish again. Monday was fine. They obviously have a major problem with Saturdays don't they?
jimrobo

the saturday just gone was as bad as I've seen it. I called up and the bdp team weren't in and I was told they had a specific virgin problem so I switched to my backup adsl connection and......same problem!!
Rubik

I decided to knaw off my tongue on Saturday as it was achieving more than trying to get Betfair to tell me what positions were open. If you want a laugh lay the field at around 13:45 and then visit the Betfair website to ask for unmatched bets. It just sits there doing f all. It seems to be the back end database that has the problem.

It feels like there is a serious problem how ever you route to Betfair on a Saturday.
jimrobo

Agree about the database. My response times are fine but it is the bet retrieval and placing bets that spikes not the response.
andyfuller

Was poor here again on Saturday. I think they should make it a Premium Charge free day seeign as we are getting far from a Premium service!
mugsgame

Missed the poll, but last 2 saturdays (Grand national and week after) have been un-usable. Driving me nuts!!!!
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Peter had a meeting with Betfair today to discuss this and other things. Looks like they have the site down tomorrow morning for a fix?
andyfuller

Any updates from the meeting will be most welcomed. Lets hope tomorrows upgrade is exactly that and not a downgrade as is often the case.

I read on another forum that they think they have found a bottle neck that might be causing the issue and that tomorrows upgrade is hopefully going to fix it.

Fingers crossed.
jimrobo

I got this today off them which is just a repeat of the above post
We have been investigating the cause of the weekends performance problems and believe that we have identified a bottleneck that would result in the slowdowns that you and other users have reported during busier periods.

As a result, we will be performing the necessary maintenance from 08:10am - 10:00am tomorrow morning.

Following this maintenance it would be helpful if you could provide us with feedback regarding your experience this coming weekend.

Return to “Betfair exchange”