Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
lyudnikov

Hi, there. This is maybe my first and last post on that forum. Betfair give me a chance to earn good money. Yes, I am from Ukraine. I am from Donbass, Mariupol town. And guess what, betfair yesterday blocked ip from my location, I only can login from 4g mobile operator. But today that deny my account. Thank you betfair, you are the best, but Mariupol is was Ukraine yesterday and is Ukraine today.
And what can you say that west world is helping us, no they didn't and never did, even British company do that.
Emmson

lyudnikov wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:48 pm
Hi, there. This is maybe my first and last post on that forum. Betfair give me a chance to earn good money. Yes, I am from Ukraine. I am from Donbass, Mariupol town. And guess what, betfair yesterday blocked ip from my location, I only can login from 4g mobile operator. But today that deny my account. Thank you betfair, you are the best, but Mariupol is was Ukraine yesterday and is Ukraine today.
And what can you say that west world is helping us, no they didn't and never did, even British company do that.
You are indeed Ukrainian, all 3 of your posts tell us that, I hope your country can recover from this epic tragedy.

Glory To Ukraine
Derek27

lyudnikov wrote:
We're all thinking of you and your fellow citizens. I haven't really got the stomach to trade after watching the news. Best of luck.
Emmson

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:11 pm
lyudnikov wrote:
We're all thinking of you and your fellow citizens. I haven't really got the stomach to trade after watching the news. Best of luck.
That feeling has been with me all today too, trading seems so trivial, shallow and pointless. I've rarely known a less stimulating day trading.
Trader Pat

At the risk of coming across as a callous prick I have to be honest and say it hasn't affected my trading at all. If you spend 5 hours a day trading racing then you're used to being bombarded with tv adverts of children dying of malnutrition in Africa and all kinds of other horrors. That's not to say I don't sympathise of course I do, but apart from the uniqueness of the geopolitical ramifications is it any different in terms of human suffering to Yemen; the Uyghurs or any of the other human rights abuses happening in the world right now?

Obviously if your from Ukraine the answer to that question is 'Yes, of course its fu*king different!' but to the wider world not so much unless it starts to effect your day to day life.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:55 pm
At the risk of coming across as a callous prick I have to be honest and say it hasn't affected my trading at all. If you spend 5 hours a day trading racing then you're used to being bombarded with tv adverts of children dying of malnutrition in Africa and all kinds of other horrors. That's not to say I don't sympathise of course I do, but apart from the uniqueness of the geopolitical ramifications is it any different in terms of human suffering to Yemen; the Uyghurs or any of the other human rights abuses happening in the world right now?

Obviously if your from Ukraine the answer to that question is 'Yes, of course its fu*king different!' but to the wider world not so much unless it starts to effect your day to day life.
It is different in that it's happening in Europe, the most powerful wanker in the world has threatened nuclear strikes on any nation that interferes, and we're arguably interfering.

It's quite strange that when he visited George Bush at his Texas ranch they were on first name terms. Over 20 years on and still in power, he's gone flipping mad, thinks he's god and there's no telling what he'll do next or where he'll stop.

Sadly, it's not just partygate that's out of the news but the suffering and starvation in Afghanistan seem to be forgotten about.
Derek27

Watching the press preview, makes me wonder what the point of newspapers is in this day and age. With the invasion starting at 3am yesterday's papers were all out of date by the time they reached the shops.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:26 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

It is different in that it's happening in Europe, the most powerful wanker in the world has threatened nuclear strikes on any nation that interferes, and we're arguably interfering.
You don't really believe that would happen though do you? It's an empty threat because Putin knows nobody will interfere as Ukraine are not a member of NATO. Putin wouldn't invade a NATO country because the US, UK and all the other NATO members as a condition of their membership would have to engage militarily. Putin's not an idiot and he doesn't want a full blown war with the west.
Derek27 wrote:
It's quite strange that when he visited George Bush at his Texas ranch they were on first name terms. Over 20 years on and still in power, he's gone flipping mad, thinks he's god and there's no telling what he'll do next or where he'll stop.
I don't think he's mad at all he's just been patient. It's easy to play the waiting game in politics when you don't have to worry about elections. He knew not to mess with Bush, not because W was a great leader but because Bush had invaded Iraq. Depending on what your beliefs are that invasion was based on bad intel; oil or just to keep the military-industrial complex ticking over. Whatever the reason Putin was on notice. Since then each American president has been weak militarily. Obama was very weak on Russia during and after the annexation of Crimea; Trump wanted to be Putin's boyfriend and Biden is banging on about sanctions that clearly don't intimidate or concern him.

Derek27 wrote:
Sadly, it's not just partygate that's out of the news but the suffering and starvation in Afghanistan seem to be forgotten about.
I'd actually forgotten about Afghanistan, but that's sort of my point. There are so many human tragedies around the world that unless its on tv on a daily basis you sort of forget about them and get on with life. Don't think this will be off our screens anytime soon though.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:03 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:

You don't really believe that would happen though do you? It's an empty threat because Putin knows nobody will interfere as Ukraine are not a member of NATO. Putin wouldn't invade a NATO country because the US, UK and all the other NATO members as a condition of their membership would have to engage militarily. Putin's not an idiot and he doesn't want a full blown war with the west.
I really think he's lost his marbles following his recent rants and rhetoric. He may not want a nuclear war but he knows the West want one even less, so will continue to use it as a threat to get what he wants and eventually we may reach a point where there is one. He's already demonstrated that he doesn't care much about human life, not even Russian civilians.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:28 pm
I really think he's lost his marbles following his recent rants and rhetoric. He may not want a nuclear war but he knows the West want one even less, so will continue to use it as a threat to get what he wants and eventually we may reach a point where there is one. He's already demonstrated that he doesn't care much about human life, not even Russian civilians.
I don't see any difference in him at all, he's always enjoyed a good rant. The one where he puts all the oligarchs in their place is a great watch!

For me he's been emboldened by a lack of leadership from the world powers. This is probably the weakest bunch of leaders of the western worlds biggest democracies there has ever been.
Emmson

Dictators will superficially always look stronger than elected leaders who have checks and balances and have to carry the public with them on their decision making, Putin is pure evil imo and the way he admonished his spy chief on live tv the day before a large scale invasion shows me he's anything but stable.
Dublin_Flyer

Putin is nothing but a pure king canute, glorified by his Yes Men from when the USSR broke up and the nationalised companies were sold off to the buddies at pennies to the pound. Where did the Chelsea money come from in 2003 when they paid 13m for Damien Duff?
napshnap

Trader Pat wrote:

Don't be sorry, they are no different to you. They were trading calmly while people of Eastern Ukraine being genocided. But this wasn't widely covered by western media (for most people it means this never happened), so don't be sorry, never be sorry.
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:50 pm
I guess the general problem is that if Ukraine is taken easily and the West doesn't seem to do much, onward the tanks will roll until all the former USSR is back under Moscow's control. Could get messy.
If "Puta" Putin wants to re-establish the old USSR, then his tanks won't stop in the Ukraine. Some are already still under Russia, others are not.

15.png

Biden was asked, will they go further that Ukraine, he said. "Yes."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
napshnap

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:55 am
Biden was asked, will they go further that Ukraine, he said. "Yes."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fYKH3UZNRk

- "How many russian banks your gonna ban while cowardly avoiding turning off SWIFT?"
- "Yes."
Last edited by napshnap on Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Chill Out Area”