Premium charge a year on

A place to discuss anything.
gutuami

Hi
just a thought..
If we had a tool (like Guardian, or MarketOverview) called charge elimitator. On it a ladder interface connected to 2 exchanges: bf and BETDAQ. however on the backside we would have bf and on layside betdaq.
when the conditions are right we place a back bet on bf and a lay bet on betdaq at the same odds if possible. Stats are saying that backing favorites you end up loosing. But anyway we endup generating more comision, and pumping money to betdaq markets and giving them a share of commision too. the trick is to lift the losses on the betfair side...
cheers
Jimmy

Bet Angel wrote:Be careful if you get other people involved in your betting activity as the IR may classify that as organised activity and you will have to pay tax.
?? If you pay your mate 50% of the profit, That would make you worse of than paying betfair 20%.?

Cheers

Jimmy
jimrobo

Is the first week of the new PC this week??
andyfuller

Yeah should be - just waiting on getting my weekly statement should be here in the next hour.
jimrobo

oh I just usually check the PC portal??

It doesn't appear to be any more than I have been paying. If anything its probably a little less?
andyfuller

Just got my statement and it looks like they are still only looking at the 60 weeks????

Can't claim to have the PhD in Premium Charge that you need these days when using Betfair perhaps someone who knows a bit more about it could shed some light, Peter?
rhysmr2

I check using the PC portal as well and paid less then normal.
Brent

I would assume the start date is the 12th, meaning it won't be til next week your statement will be different.
My question, if anybody knows in advance, will be if they assume that everybody paid 20%, then traders will be better off if trading from before the introduction, as instead of that period paying 5% or so commission, you were seen to be paying 20%.
But, for people such as myself that are not sole traders, if they set that to 20%, as opposed to the 100% or so that I guess I have averaged over the life of my account, then I will be far worse off?
Surely it will be a calc that if under 20%, set it to 20%, otherwise, keep original?
andyfuller

Brent wrote:Surely it will be a calc that if under 20%, set it to 20%, otherwise, keep original?
Thats how I understand it, it brings those of us running under 20% up to 20% but if you were above 20% say, 67% you stay at 67%, but as I say I don't have the Premium Charge PhD that is needed :lol:
andyfuller

Brent wrote:I would assume the start date is the 12th, meaning it won't be til next week your statement will be different.
Yeah I think you are right the change didn't happen until Monday so it is next weeks statement that takes the life of the account into affect, my mistake!
andyfuller

Statements are on the portal for the first PC since the changes. Mine seems to be worse for me :(
jimrobo

I got charged 16.5% :shock: :shock: :shock:
Dabbla

Mines great .I have paid 46.88% commission and got my £1000 allowance back.

46.88 % should keep me out of the PC for a while .It has saved me just under £100 today which is a bit of a bonus. :P

It would be nice to get a rebate of the pc I have already paid.
SBW077

I still had a considerable amount of remaining allowance yesterday but it has suddenly vanished today and I'm back to paying 16% PC despite making just over a tenner a day on average at the moment.

What it is again, top 0.5%? Right..... :roll:
sweetybt

How did you get you allowance back Dabbla?

My allowance vanished and I got wacked 234 euro.

Normally it gets debited from one of my GBP accounts but this time it was my euro account.

What is going on?

Return to “General discussion”