UK General Election 2024 (or 25)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Bobajob

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:46 pm
If I was a betting man then I would start shorting the £. 🤔
Why ?
You obviously are a betting man !!
Derek27

Boris the Liar: My position was that we had to save human life of all ages. :lol:
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:17 pm
Yesterday and today BJ has clearly been close to tears at one point and has struggled to compose himself.
Today when one of his answers involved his personal experience of covid. I'd like to think this was due to empathy. But it may just as well be the memory of the frightening, life-threatening experience he had. But perhaps also his pre-infection attitude is tweaking his conscience?
Being in a ward with "people like me, some that will make it, some that won't" clearly rattled him.
He's stumbled a few times and looked uncomfortable, but that was embarrassment, not empathy. He knew he was being fully exposed as the lying bastard he's always been. He has no empathy or sympathy to others, all he cares about is himself.

He thought Covid was no worse than the flu. Then he caught it himself but as soon as he recovered it was back to partying and letting others die.
Last edited by Derek27 on Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

The new bill aims to give ministers the power to disregard parts of the Human Rights Act without actually revoking the parts!

Why not just change the constitution to a dictatorship and let the government do what they like?

If it gets through parliament it's still got the House of Lords to overcome, and then I'd guess the lawfulness of barring the courts from challenging the law could be challenged in court - what a mess! :mrgreen:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:55 pm
greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:17 pm
Yesterday and today BJ has clearly been close to tears at one point and has struggled to compose himself.
Today when one of his answers involved his personal experience of covid. I'd like to think this was due to empathy. But it may just as well be the memory of the frightening, life-threatening experience he had. But perhaps also his pre-infection attitude is tweaking his conscience?
Being in a ward with "people like me, some that will make it, some that won't" clearly rattled him.
He's stumbled a few times and looked uncomfortable, but that was embarrassment, not empathy. He knew he was being fully exposed as the lying bastard he's always been. He has no empathy or sympathy to others, all he cares about is himself.

He thought Covid was no worse than the flu. Then he caught it himself but as soon as he recovered it was back to partying and letting others die.
Sure, he's stumbled as his politicians brain has tried to frame his answer that makes him look the best. But I was quite struck (and I've watched his enitre evidence - yes, I'm a sad git) by both occasions he clearly was struggling to contain a tearful episode. But you may well be right that they were more to do with his memory of a frightening episode that came into his head without his control. And it nearly overwhelmed his self-control.
But we'll never know. I would suggest the public should judge as they see fit. My view he was an uncaring buffoon that got nailed by the virus and the memory of HIS suffering persists. But he's been justifying everything his lot did with "we didn't know".
Derek27

Hugo Keith was forensic but soft with his questioning. Mr Thomas was less organised but far more brutal. :mrgreen:
Derek27

The buffoon's gonna need a drink tonight, to go with his cheese & chorizo. :mrgreen:
firlandsfarm

greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:30 pm
But he's been justifying everything his lot did with "we didn't know".
That's right he/they (his advisers) didn't know. The only people who knew are those who are criticising him. It seems to me he got it just right ... when half the people criticise you for not locking down and the other half criticise you for locking down you are doing it about right!
greenmark

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:04 pm
greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:30 pm
But he's been justifying everything his lot did with "we didn't know".
That's right he/they (his advisers) didn't know. The only people who knew are those who are criticising him. It seems to me he got it just right ... when half the people criticise you for not locking down and the other half criticise you for locking down you are doing it about right!
But he did know. The failed voluntary "lockdown" before they brought in the law a week later lost a lot of time with an exponential disease. And they were havering for months before that. Sure hindisght is wonderful, but the explosion of cases in Italy should have triggered alarm bells. And the voices were there sayiing so. But they were ignored until the data was punching them in the face.
We're back to the "same old". You defend the Tories to the hilt. I think this lot are useless bunch of ****'s.
Derek27

Johnson's just leaving the building. Crowd are jeering but don't any of them have any eggs? :mrgreen:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:02 pm
Johnson's just leaving the building. Crowd are jeering but don't any of them have any eggs? :mrgreen:
Is that where we are? Applauding a jeering mob?
What are your conclusions so far of the inquiry?
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:24 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:02 pm
Is that where we are? Applauding a jeering mob?
What are your conclusions so far of the inquiry?
It's blindingly obvious he's a lying incompetent git who can't even read a graph.

He said in his statement that Patric Vallance and Chris Whitty were consulted about the eat out to help out scheme. Now he admits he only said that because he assumed they must have. Blatant pathological lying to most of us.

I guess that's why he thought he was never at parties or breaking rules. :)
Archery1969

Bobajob wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:59 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:46 pm
If I was a betting man then I would start shorting the £. 🤔
Why ?
You obviously are a betting man !!
PM no confidence vote coming. As a result the £ will drop sharply and then rebound. Works everytime a government is in trouble. Easy money and better than working for a living.
Archery1969

I personally think furlough was a massive mistake. People will be paying for it one way or the other until 2040. And god help the country if there is another pandemic or find ourselves directly in a war. The coffers are drained, debt is a killer at all levels and the country is seriously in debt. Starmer has already said that Labour won’t be turning the spending taps on etc.
Derek27

If I was an MP, I'd put forward a bill to legislate that Sunak is automatically guilty of any crime he's accused of, regardless of committal or evidence. No not guilty plea should be accepted, no jury required and no right of appeal. :D

Return to “Political betting & arguing”