Israel/Palestine conflict

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:14 pm
People should be worried, very worried......history often repeats itself

Muslims hate Jews as much as the Nazis did......and there are 3.8m living within the UK
You're doing it again. Not all Muslims share the same views, as not all Labour supporters share the same views, other than the defining view that makes them Muslims and Labour supporters.
LeTiss

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:40 pm
LeTiss wrote:

Muslims hate Jews as much as the Nazis did......and there are 3.8m living within the UK
You're doing it again. Not all Muslims share the same views, as not all Labour supporters share the same views, other than the defining view that makes them Muslims and Labour supporters.
Not all Germans supported Hitler.
It doesn't take everyone to start a war......history shows that
Derek27

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:45 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:40 pm
LeTiss wrote:

Not all Germans supported Hitler.
It doesn't take everyone to start a war......history shows that
Exactly. That's why people blame the war in Ukraine on Putin or Russia, not "Russians". It's that sort of rhetoric that results in attacks like the van that was driven into people exiting a Mosque.
LeTiss

That's no reason for ignoring obvious problems, just because you perceive it to be a minority.....that's my point
Bobajob

I think Putin's war in Ukraine has given Iran (Hezbollah & Hamas ) inspiration to attack Israel again
Archery1969

The world is going to war. Get your tin hats ready.
Archangel

Is the deliberate targeting of civilian and residential areas not a war crime, or are we all ignoring that at the moment ? I heard the Israeli defence minister say that they were concentrating on "damage, not accuracy" yesterday, unbelievable. And most western governments are cheerleeding this
Derek27

Apparently, the most natural thing in the world for teenagers to do, besides wanking, is throwing stones at soldiers.

I must have been an odd teenager, I never got the urge to do that, throwing stones that is. :)
napshnap

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:34 pm
Apparently, the most natural thing in the world for teenagers to do, besides wanking, is throwing stones at soldiers.

I must have been an odd teenager, I never got the urge to do that, throwing stones that is. :)
I once threw plum to moving car and managed to "snipe" a driver. Spoiled his perfectly white shirt and got my ass kicked for that.
napshnap

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:30 pm
The world is going to war. Get your tin hats ready.
Nah, cant see how these local conflicts can merge to the global one.
CloseBets

I thought your urges were burning benches, Derek.
Derek27

CloseBets wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:31 pm
I thought your urges were burning benches, Derek.
Yeah, that came quite naturally. :)
Crazyskier

Archangel wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:44 pm
Is the deliberate targeting of civilian and residential areas not a war crime, or are we all ignoring that at the moment ? I heard the Israeli defence minister say that they were concentrating on "damage, not accuracy" yesterday, unbelievable. And most western governments are cheerleading this
You fool. The Israelis are announcing in advance the attack zones and even sending letters to Gaza residents advising them to leave to avoid the danger. What the Western leaders are 'cheerleading' as you put it, is the rights of a sovereign nation to defend itself vigorously after such atrocities as Hamas / ISIS committed.

CS
Derek27

Hamas denies killing civilians!!
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:02 pm
I didn't say they were. I said I wasn't expecting to get into an argument. I don't even know why you're quoting me. If you got something to say about colours and flags, just say it. No need to quote my posts and I'm not interested.
I quoted you because I saw my comment as adding to your quote, I opened with "It's like ...", that confirmed approval! Why do you always assume I'm being critical of you.

Return to “Chill Out Area”