Aus Cross-Matching Residual Funds Distribution

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
marksmeets302

Today I was credited a small amount on my account designated for trading on the australian exchange. Funny thing is, I haven't used that account for years because the high commissions were killing me.

The description was "Aus Cross-Matching Residual Funds Distribution".

Contacted betfair about this. Apparently, they executed a distribution of funds relating to the residual left in their our cross-matching account. It's a regulatory requirement that the funds leftover are returned to customers. Any customer who has bet on an Australian wallet event that has cross-matching will be entitled to a share of the funds. It's a one time event.

This got me thinking.. if it's a one time event it might implicate the end of cross matching in australia. But apparently no decision has been made about that.
PeterLe

This has been going on for a number of years, certainly back to 2011..

They have to declare it in Aus by Law and their licensing agreement, but not so sure they do in the UK?

I seem to recall they were making around £300k/Month (?) in the UK from their in house bot? Not sure if that is still the case.
Regards
Peter
Zenyatta

I got credited AUD 9 - enough to take a small punt on my favourite horse 'Brown Panther' in the Yorkshire cup :)
Zenyatta

'Brown Panther' just nabbed on the line and went down by a neck - darn.
BabyArber

I got GBP 4.85 yay!

Seems a little unfair to the regular Australian punters to be honest. I think I bet on maybe one race over the last year in Australia and got that.

Would be fairer if they weighted it by matched volume or something?
LeTiss

How strange, I didn't get anything at all

Is it only for having bet on Australian Racing?

Having said that though, I have received this little bonus before, but have NEVER had a single bet on Aussie racing
marksmeets302

For me it's the reverse: didn't place a single bet this year, but received this for the first time.

Return to “Betfair exchange”