Betangel Betdaq Minimum Stake Message??

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
Bear's The Name

Does this minimum stake apply to lay bets as well as back bets?

For example, if I wanted to try and lay several runners in a horse race with a liability of say, £10, would it refuse any horse priced above 11 because the backer's stake would be less than £1?

50p I could live with - I rarely lay above 20, except in massive fields.

Cheers
vladilyich

Betdaq is part of Ladbrokes,which have their own Exchange now too,isnt it? Why two exchanges through the same company,that doesn't seem to make sense and maybe is not viable longer term anyhow.
andyfuller

I don't think that would be an issue but I guess you could test your stakes manually by placing them just outside of the LTP.

Betdaq have acted as the front to many exchanges and is used to feed bets in from many avenues, so what they do with Ladbrokes is not really any different to what has happened in the past and still happens imo.
Bear's The Name

Thanks, Andy.

You know, I really do want to use BETDAQ - I'm finding that my betting methods (done via Gusrdian) make a very modest profit but that's wiped out by the commission - I'm not a big player so 4.7% on BF.

The main markets I play on are greyhounds, horses and the correct score market in football. The liquidity on some of these (e.g. US Racing) means I would have to refine my methods somewhat without changing the basic principles. Certain rules I have currently to safeguard what I do (e.g. only bet if book % is below 110) would become problematical in BQ where the books are often above that, even close to the off. But as a bit of a master (modestly put) of using Guardian now, I am sure I can find a work around.

The liquidity is definitely getting better, though. I understand completely what Peter is saying about needing people to invest in BQ to make it worthwhile and I am all for it. When I get back to the UK in late Feb (I'm in the Canary Islands for the next couple of weeks) I am definitely going to try moving some of my business across. I know it's not going to be easy and I'm going to have to deal with the reduced liquidity and gaps in the market but I think I can work around it. With the majority of my bets being of the 2% variety it seems crazy not too. And if others are doing the same, things can only improve.

See you in a few weeks, off for some fun in the sun! Would love to pretend that my betting has paid for it, but I'm not that good (yet).

Return to “Betdaq exchange”