Laying the field video couple of questions

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
timmy41967bf

Hi
Still working through Bet Angel, mostly in practice mode, and managed to successfully do lay the field as in the video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu7cPQfrqMQ

Got a couple of questions hope someone can advise or give another video / link forum to look at please.

In the video on the link at around 9 minutes 25 seconds Peter says we could take a profit at that point or hang on. How do you cash out / take a profit at a given point during an automated selection is that possible?

Second question, can a cash out be added to the automation as 9:22 on the video they all greened up at over £5 so £5 on a £10 lay is a good profit? In the video by leaving it and not cashing out the race just broke even in the end but had there been an option to cash out would have made £5. Can a rule be added that if it greens up at a certain value during the race e.g. hits £5, the bet will cash out?

Any help will be appreciated thanks.

Tim
Dallas

To green up manually (cash out) then just click on a box in the trade profit just as Peter highlights at 9:25 in the video

Yes you can add a rule to green up if a profit or loss amount is reached, see this thread for details
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&t=11488
timmy41967bf

Thanks Dallas for the reply.

One other question I didn't ask, when it lays the field for all the horses e.g. each one at £10 does it physically lay every horse for that amount or only certain ones that hit certain odds as if it does do them all presume you need enough liability to cover every horse if that's the case for the lay odds of £10 per horse?
Dallas

It lays every horse but as there can only be one winner your liability is the same as just laying 1
ie, if you lay at 2.8 for £10 your liability will be £18 weather you lay 1 or all at those odds

If you where laying with different stakes at different odds you only need enough to cover the one with the highest liability
timmy41967bf

Brill that's great just had the thought after that it would lay every horse at £10 so massive liability needed to cover. :)
timmy41967bf

Dallas sorry to keep asking but just got few more questions then hopefully it is sorted.

I have added the cash out when green rule and is working on some races but getting some red on other parts .

1. Two attempts all cashed out in green so okay understand that.
However, on two others it was showing under the P&L 6 horses in green at £10 but one was in red at -£20 in red and the same figures under the trade profit (6 in green £10, one in red -£20).
On another one it had the same under the P&L (6 in green £10, one in red -£20) but under the Trade Profit all were green at £1.55 and on another one same as the first one but two horses were red in both the P&L and Trade Profit, all others were in green.
Can you explain please what each one means.
2. On the new rule I created, green all sections, should the rule trigger times be set to "relative to event time" or "relative to in play time"? I have it set ti the first one.
3. On the same section what should the "allow rule to trigger up to" be? It was only set at 1 per 5 seconds but on other videos this has been set to 100 times per 5 seconds so is that what it should be on?
4. Final question, In selections it is set to "in row 1 (betfair order) - is this correct?

If you can answer or give me a link will be very grateful.

Hopefully then I understand it as getting it now.

Tim
Dallas

1, the amount shown under a selections name is what you win or lose should that selection win (ideally you want these all the same and a green figure - that means no matter who win you make a profit)
The amount thats showing in the trade profit column is the amount you can green up for at the current odds (if you get matched) - this figure will keep changing as the odds change or untill greened up then it will show the same as whats below the selections names

See this thread for a detailed example
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&t=11572

2, it should be set for after event goes in play - using relative to event start time means if it goes off late then the rule time may of expired

3, I normally set all my in-running green up rules to at least 3 times with a 2-3 sec rearm (re-arming any faster in-play and you run the risk of submitting two orders due to the in-play betting delay)

4, As the name suggests 'Green all selections' will automatically apply to all selections - close trade on selection with greening is used if you want to green up individual runners separately

hth
timmy41967bf

Thanks again Dallas for all your help :)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”