How do you trade if you are an australian resident?

xchangedollarz

Hi, i been trying to trade, but i cant place in-play bets. Are all you guys phoning in to trade? or before events begin? or is there something that i am missing.
icocking

Hi,

Being an Australian resident you cannot place inplay bets on anything other than the gee gees. This is federal legislation, there is an attempt to have this ruling overturned, google the "Productivity Commission" and select the gaming review, this will give you a overview.

Ian.
JollyGreen

First, I am not condoning the breaking of any laws so please check with your laws before you make the next move.

I know a lot of people who trade from Oz, some are locals and some are Brits that now spend most of their time in Oz.

I know a few Brits and they use a UK based VPS for their trading. To the best of my knowledge they DO NOT trade in running. I also know that some local Australians also use a UK based VPS and trade pre race with no in running trading.

If you are not a UK citizen then your data is passed from London to Malta and then back to London so there is an extra hop in the journey. I am not 100% certain of the exact routing. If you are a UK citizen then it is straight to London. Naturally there is a delay but it is better than a straight internet connection in Oz.

I hope that helps.
grigsy

Yeah only in-running trading on horses in Aus, due to the farcical Interactive Gambling Act and, as the man says, this is something the Productivity Commission is trying to revoke.
If you want to bet in-running on other sports, you will have to go to Betdaq. They don't have the markets that Betfair do. The only reason Betfair are liable to the IGA and Betdaq aren't, is because Betfair have an Australian licence, and the culpability under the Act falls on the suppliers of an in-running service, not the users. If you want to use Betfair by the book, you have to use the phone.

Return to “Australian”