Updated beta version of Bet Angel v1.56.0 - Now on general release

ilovepizza82

Still no dark mode : D
henbet22

Thank you very much. :D
Anbell

This is a great update. Thanks so much.

I'll add some comments in separate posts as I test the different items.

Re the List / Suffix, would it be possible to have the suffix as the text to the right of the last space? In AUS racing this is always literally the Race Type so you could sort by handicaps etc (I think it is more difficult in the UK)
Rob

Thanks Bet Angel for the great work again.

Was hoping to see a different way to lay out stored values names as headers in the csv created by the rule type "Export all stored values", instead of inline which creates bigger files and the need for extra formatting for further processing.

Maybe on the next version release ;)
sniffer66

I have to say the CSV import is an absolute game changer. I realise its really been designed to be a "run once" pre market solution but if you have any external data you need to pass into Guardian on a regular basis - tips, goals, in play stats etc, it's so easy.

Quick edit of my scraping code this morning and I'm passing in play data every 1s in via SV's. Almost zero overhead, no need to load Excel and its cut my code down to a few lines. Though the data format "1" on the top line caught me out for a few mins - easy to miss in the commented lines.

Great for tips, DOB's etc as well

Fantastic work guys !
kevinc

I am having problems downloading the new version, it is downloading them in the download I am pressing modify
Its going throw ok, but still opening older version
jimibt

once again, expectations more than met -brilliant update
jamesg46

First day playing with the new features... thank you Bet Angel, to the whole team. A seperate side thankyou to Dallas too, I never checked these automation files out before seeing your screen grab yesterday so today is filled with a lot of new adventure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

kevinc wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:21 am
I am having problems downloading the new version, it is downloading them in the download I am pressing modify
The fact it's showing 'Modify' would suggest it's finding the same version already installed. Check that the filename in your downloads area is this new version 1.56.0 (you could also use Windows' Properties window to check the 'File Version' and 'Product Version' on the Details tab).

If that's ok, then check the date on BetAngel.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Bet Angel Limited\Bet Angel - Professional and maybe run it directly from there in case the desktop shortcut hasn't updated properly.
jimibt

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:55 pm
kevinc wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:21 am
The fact it's showing 'Modify' would suggest it's finding the same version already installed. Check that the filename in your downloads area is this new version 1.56.0 (you could also use Windows' Properties window to check the 'File Version' and 'Product Version' on the Details tab).

If that's ok, then check the date on BetAngel.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Bet Angel Limited\Bet Angel - Professional and maybe run it directly from there in case the desktop shortcut hasn't updated properly.
I wonder if you can tell me, does the command: Take SP Unmatched Bets on Selection (Price Dependent) function against BSP Limit Orders or does it use the proce parameter only as a guide to home in on BSP?? I have a scenario that needs to use the BSP Limit Order and am uncertain as to whether this functionality is fully supported in BA.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

jimibt wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:05 pm
I wonder if you can tell me, does the command: Take SP Unmatched Bets on Selection (Price Dependent) function against BSP Limit Orders or does it use the proce parameter only as a guide to home in on BSP?? I have a scenario that needs to use the BSP Limit Order and am uncertain as to whether this functionality is fully supported in BA.
No it's not a BSP Limit Order. It is just comparing the price of the unmatched bet compared to the 'Price' parameter in the Rule (best market price, Servant context price, price in a Stored Value etc) at the time of running the rule. If the comparison is true, then the bet is marked as Take SP.
jimibt

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:41 pm
jimibt wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:05 pm
No it's not a BSP Limit Order. It is just comparing the price of the unmatched bet compared to the 'Price' parameter in the Rule (best market price, Servant context price, price in a Stored Value etc) at the time of running the rule. If the comparison is true, then the bet is marked as Take SP.
yeah - i thought as much. I'll prepare a new suggestion to request a BSP Limit Order, unless it's a problematic rule??
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

jimibt wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:13 pm
yeah - i thought as much. I'll prepare a new suggestion to request a BSP Limit Order, unless it's a problematic rule??
We haven't looked at them in detail for years, but some time ago there were issues because they behaved differently to other bets. Something to do with cancellation, modification and retrieval as unmatched bets. We'd have to experiment with them again if there was enough interest.
Atho55

I would like to put this suggestion forward for future consideration. It is an ABC list of runners, time/course, day and live odds which would be available on a standalone Excel sheet so that it could be connected to the Excel tab on the BA interface.

As is now the trend to collect data, doing a VLOOKUP for todays runners within the data lets you easily retrieve records for each runner. Having fresh odds lets you decide what candidates are likely to move.

BA ABC of Runners.jpg

The above uses Sporting Life ABC via Power Query, odds from BA via Power query then via a series of Pivot tables finds the BSP to IPMIN data.

Issues are, Sporting Life has different names to BF. I have 13 BA Excel sheets open to get odds linked via Guardian with a 1 minute refresh.

Think a stand alone BA sheet would simplify this and be handy for other markets too such as Greyhounds.

% of times > Avg highlighted ones, sub 20 odds are good DOBS/winner pickers for example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dropss81

Thank You for these New features.. A video how this new features can be used... briefly.... on BA Academy videos....
Good Luck for us in Trading..

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”