Football - knowing the CURRENT SCORE

sibur

alldaygreen wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:16 am
Is there a way to know, using automation, the exact minutes played taking into account added time at the end of the 1st half?

i.e. What inplay/ elapsed minute did the 2nd half actually kick off?

Looking to create late 2nd half Lays in certain markets close to the end of the 2nd half.

Many thanks
You possibly might be able to detect it using a change in odds but there isn't anything from BF to signal it directly. I don't think.
firlandsfarm

sibur wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:47 am
firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:54 am
Hi @sibur, just a curiosity question if I may (am using your ruleset very successfully to create Market/Event SV's for other rulesets to use :) ).

I'm curious why you used "the seconds until the Event Start Time" x "-1" instead of "the In-play Time in seconds"?
Oh, no. I didn't know that was possible. I maybe should change that. I am just adjusting it to a +ve number but maybe I should go with inplay time. Not sure if it has any impact?
I don't know if "Event Start Time" is when it started if you are extracting a -ve number after the the event (no pun intended! :) ) if before it must be the scheduled start time but whether that's adjusted for when the event actually starts I have no idea (sorry I haven't trialled it). But I'm assuming "In-play time" will be from when the event actually started so possibly more accurate. What good that accuracy is is anybody's guess compared to stoppage time etc.

The In-play time option is the next value down from the Start Time option.
sniffer66

The only sure for way I've found to do it is pull in external data via the BA API
alexanderm1989

Morning, thanks for sharing this file :-)

I'm interested in trying to use the stored values as a trigger to place a lay bet/green up etc depending on the score.

Whilst I understanding coding logic to a certain degree, I can't quite get to grips with how I can use your code to trigger the lay bet/green up etc.

I appreciate this is fairly complex, but my thought process is to use the code within the conditions tab of your rule to trigger the bets depending on my specified criteria.

I'm thinking as an example it should work something like this, using the Home goals 1 rule as the example....

I use the code within the conditions tab that you've already created (Thank you), this sets the stored value as HG1 (I believe), then I can use this stored value to trigger the back bet/green up etc.

I appreciate that's not a great example, however I'm hoping that you'll be able to confirm that I'm along the correct lines to get this to work for me?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark
sniffer66

alexanderm1989 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:53 am
Morning, thanks for sharing this file :-)

I'm interested in trying to use the stored values as a trigger to place a lay bet/green up etc depending on the score.

Whilst I understanding coding logic to a certain degree, I can't quite get to grips with how I can use your code to trigger the lay bet/green up etc.

I appreciate this is fairly complex, but my thought process is to use the code within the conditions tab of your rule to trigger the bets depending on my specified criteria.

I'm thinking as an example it should work something like this, using the Home goals 1 rule as the example....

I use the code within the conditions tab that you've already created (Thank you), this sets the stored value as HG1 (I believe), then I can use this stored value to trigger the back bet/green up etc.

I appreciate that's not a great example, however I'm hoping that you'll be able to confirm that I'm along the correct lines to get this to work for me?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

You could use a text comparison for the entire score but I do this using a group condition:
This will obviously detect 0:0. Just edit for other scorelines

Capture.JPG
I also check the time since unsuspended is > 90s and there is a less than 8 tick gap between back and lay or use book %, to cover VAR and any other issues that mean the market isn't well formed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alexanderm1989

Thanks for your advice :-)
tony63

I've downloaded the automation file this evening and must say it loks very promising. Matches are being played at the moment but I checked to see how the file was performing. I noticed that it had incorrectly given a score but it looks like it was because VAR was being looked at and a goal disallowed. I would suggest a simple fix which I have added to my version.

Add an Unsuspended Time Condition to the score rule. I have set mine at 60 seconds.

This will prevent the rule from firing while VAR is being reviewed.

Great work.
jamesedwards

tony63 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:14 pm
I've downloaded the automation file this evening and must say it loks very promising. Matches are being played at the moment but I checked to see how the file was performing. I noticed that it had incorrectly given a score but it looks like it was because VAR was being looked at and a goal disallowed. I would suggest a simple fix which I have added to my version.

Add an Unsuspended Time Condition to the score rule. I have set mine at 60 seconds.

This will prevent the rule from firing while VAR is being reviewed.

Great work.
Be aware that Betfair are pretty bad at managing the market during a VAR review. It's quite common for them to open the market and then go back and retrospectively void bets placed during the VAR period after the game.

In my opinion the best way to be as sure as possible of the score is to detect which goals O/U markets remain open coupled with odds info from the correct score market.

eg:
[O/U 0.5 goals market is closed] + [O/U 1.5 goals is not suspended] means there must be 1 goal so far.
Coupled with [correct score 1-0] odds > 500 must mean the latest score is 0-1.

It gets more complicated the more goals there are, but still doable:
[O/U 2.5 goals market is closed] + [O/U 3.5 goals is not suspended] means there must be 3 goals so far.
Coupled with the 2-1, 1-2, and 0-3 all being >500 odds means the score must be 3-0.
sIGNAL

Has anyone come up with anything reliable yet to detect red cards ?
sibur

There's a market in big games for 'cards sending off?'. You can detect if this market closes before the end of the game you know a red has occurred?
sIGNAL

sibur wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:42 pm
There's a market in big games for 'cards sending off?'. You can detect if this market closes before the end of the game you know a red has occurred?
Thanks for that. I've not seen that idea mentioned before so will take a look 👍
Ianhski

Thanks for this, it sounds great but where do I get to see the current score? Your screenshot looks like the Guardian and you have added a column I think but I don't know how to show it and can it be shown in 'Watch List' ?

Thanks in advance
Ian
sibur

Hi Ian. You need to read up on custom columns. This will explain everything https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... m-columns/
Ianhski

sibur wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:58 am
Hi Ian. You need to read up on custom columns. This will explain everything https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... m-columns/
Hey thanks for that, I read it but didn't get it but then I started reading other comments and replies and got it. Is there also a way to display in Watch List? Then I need to learn the basic process of writing bots or following others so I can modify and of course embed this module within it.

Appreciate your work on this and thanks for sharing
Ian
sibur

Can't help there. Never used watch lists.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Football”