Creating Ranges

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
MartinJWilliams

I wanted to check to see if this is the correct way of creating a range via the use of conditions?

In the example attached I wanted to get clarification if this would create a range (that wouldn't cause a conflict) between 4 and 14 ticks above the value in the history list. Thank you.
Screenshot 2023-11-26 155852.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

In what way are you wanting to test or use a range?

ie, if its to test the price is between two values then you can use 2 x 'Fixed Odds Conditions'
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=17622
MartinJWilliams

I use a lot of moving averages rather than fixed odds positions so wanted to be able to specify ranges based off moving averages rather than fixed odds positions. The greater than, less than or equal to function seemed like a good way to be able to reference a range from a moving average. I was worried though that using two opposite conditions with just the tick difference creating the range, may cause a conflict.
Dallas

MartinJWilliams wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:22 pm
I use a lot of moving averages rather than fixed odds positions so wanted to be able to specify ranges based off moving averages rather than fixed odds positions. The greater than, less than or equal to function seemed like a good way to be able to reference a range from a moving average. I was worried though that using two opposite conditions with just the tick difference creating the range, may cause a conflict.
I see what you mean

So to clarify in your example set up in that way you would be testing if the price in your HL 13 is between 4 and 14 ticks above the price in your HL14
MartinJWilliams

Thanks, got my head around it now.

I've been experimenting with creating tick ranges/trading bands around a price but in most instances am relying on 'last traded price' in order to trigger the automation. I've found that when the market is moving quickly, prices can sometimes move through those bands without initiating. I have the fastest refresh rates set in Guardian so probably think it's due to some of those ranges being quite narrow and just the speed that the market is moving. There probably isn't, but I was wondering if there was a different way of approaching it than I was perhaps aware of, a more reliable value that could be used than 'last traded price'? Thanks

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”