Strategy surrounding cross over points

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
mtommo

Hi Community!

just wondered if anyone has any pointers or a ready made automation file to set me on my way please. Not looking for your full scripts / strats, just a baf file with maybe some basic steps.

I'm looking to implement a strategy based on whether or not a horse has traded below a cross-over point.

As an example, I may want to determine whether a horse has traded below 6's but not above 7's, so a smallish trading range pre-off. Currently, I would manually check the charts, but unfortunately, after a year of working from home, I have been summoned back to the office and need to start automating my trading sharpish haha. Sigh.

I think the way to do this would be to look at history lists / historical odds, but I easily get confused with more complex rules and history lists :lol:

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Mike
mtommo

OH, I may have figured an easier way than history lists.

Surely I could use High and Low traded prices from the drop down. But sometimes, although it is correct, there may have only been a couple of quid matched at 15.5 and now the horse has 10k at 6's :lol:

Maybe VWAP could be used instead.
eightbo

Use Stored Values:

Set SV's initially:
Lo = LTP (rule fires only once)
Hi = LTP (rule fires only once)

Update SV's continuously:
If LTP < Lo Then Lo = LTP
If LTP > Hi Then Hi = LTP

If Lo < 6.0 & Hi <= 7.0 Then <run code>

Start script from say 30min out or as desired to avoid early mkt £2s you mentioned
mtommo

Thanks eightbo

Simple when you put it like that! Will give this a go, thanks.

Mike

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”