Betfair scalping for beginners

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
pilchardbest

hi
my newbie question
say i am in an under 2.5 football maatch. price currently 1.6 and it drifting..
.if i put either a) a trailing stop of say 10, or b) a proper stop at say 1.80 will they def get taken out if goal scored and price spikes, or will i get the gap upto price...
thanks

leman
firlandsfarm

Kai wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:53 am
No real need to hedge every tick/pip you win when casually scalping or market making, you can keep it simple with flat stakes and green up once you're done.

Not a fan of offsetting bets in general, with offset here you would have to wait much longer to get scalps through which means you win less ticks overall.
I see them as different strategies Kai. If offsetting as you go along you are trading that you opened your trade at a good price in the short term and bank your profit but if you leave offsetting until the end you are trading that you opened multiple positions at overall good prices compared to the price when you green-up.
Kai

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:48 am
Kai wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:53 am
No real need to hedge every tick/pip you win when casually scalping or market making, you can keep it simple with flat stakes and green up once you're done.

Not a fan of offsetting bets in general, with offset here you would have to wait much longer to get scalps through which means you win less ticks overall.
I see them as different strategies Kai. If offsetting as you go along you are trading that you opened your trade at a good price in the short term and bank your profit but if you leave offsetting until the end you are trading that you opened multiple positions at overall good prices compared to the price when you green-up.
Not quite sure what you're asking there, I forget what the initial post was referring to, but I think I get the gist of it.

In any case I prefer to hedge my scalps whenever I have the opportunity to do so, if that is the strategy. It was today for example, I scalped a fair amount this morning on the tennis, a lot more than usual, which netted a decent 3 figure result on larger stakes from scalping alone, so I obviously think it's a viable strategy, but down to your personal judgement on which markets are scalpable and when.
Mastermind

Hi everyone.

It took me half of the weekend to work myself through this 15 year ongoing thread. I just wanna say that its very helpfull to let discussions like this here for everyone readable. Everyone can learn a lot of it. Nice community!

And I know now not to play for Manchester United after getting three weeks the new football shoes.

Cheers,

Martin
Kai

Mastermind wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:47 am
It took me half of the weekend to work myself through this 15 year ongoing thread.
Bit sad OP only lasted 2 days :|

High stakes scalping 95% of markets in those days must have been a walk in the park
Mastermind

Kai wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:06 pm
Mastermind wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:47 am
It took me half of the weekend to work myself through this 15 year ongoing thread.
Bit sad OP only lasted 2 days :|

High stakes scalping 95% of markets in those days must have been a walk in the park
I made dozens of Screenshot to work with during the coming months .. so .. maybe this explains better what I have meant .. and of course have there been a lot of notes worth to test and so on .. lets say it this way .. I needed nearly two days to read and screen all the over 300 posts. haha .. so yes, I´ve meant it as a compliment. Excellent community, excellent work. :!:

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”