Betfair launch virtual racing

A place to discuss anything.
BillyWhizz68

i think this is because the commentary is generated i real-time from sound clips, if you think about it, other than a live commentator, this is the only way to do it if the race unfolds in real time. Definitely shows how contrived all the other stuff is.

Bet Angel wrote:When listening to the commentary all I kept thinking about was the post office.

'And horse. Two. Is in the lead. Closely. Followed. By horse. One'

Was expecting: -

'Cashier number four please' at any moment.
petters72

Hi
I wonder if anyone can give their experiences about the virtual racing at Betfair? Have anyone given it a try? Can youreally rely on the fairness of the computer, AI? Have anyone made some money?
Would be nice to hear from someone...
Petter
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Very little volume on any race at the moment I don't think you can conclude anything from it at the moment. Needs a lot more money to go through the markets before it is of any use to anybody.
Euler

Looks like they are about to pull the plug on virtual racing.
We are contacting you to inform you that at 23.59 BST on Friday 29th April, we will regrettably be terminating our Virtual Horse Racing markets. As a customer this will mean that from Saturday 30th April, you will no longer be able to navigate to, and place bets on these Virtual Horse Racing markets. All live bets will be settled in the normal fashion prior to the closure of these markets on the 29th of April.
to75ne

Euler wrote:Looks like they are about to pull the plug on virtual racing.
That’s the best thing that betfair have done in a long long time. Virtual racing is bloody disgrace. An aberration designed to fleece the desperate, the stupid, and the gullible. An insult to horse racing.
federer

Euler wrote:Looks like they are about to pull the plug on virtual racing.
We are contacting you to inform you that at 23.59 BST on Friday 29th April, we will regrettably be terminating our Virtual Horse Racing markets. As a customer this will mean that from Saturday 30th April, you will no longer be able to navigate to, and place bets on these Virtual Horse Racing markets. All live bets will be settled in the normal fashion prior to the closure of these markets on the 29th of April.
Yup i also thinking like this. :)
gutuami

looks like virtual racing is back
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General discussion”