Auto Refresh speed?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
GPalmer

Hi all,

What Auto Refresh speed would you recommend (or do you use)? Am I correct in thinking that if set to the fastest (200 milliseconds) that charges are incurred from Betfair?

Graham
PeterLe

Hi
As long as you set the limit data requests to <20 in the rules tab you will be fine...(Dont forget, if you also have a conventional betfair window open in a browser you will need to set the figure less than 20)..
Thanks
Peter
andyfuller

I have mine set at 250milliseconds, I also have a normal BF window open on two webpages and have never incurred data charges.

I used to have it at 300milliseconds but increased ot a while back and much prefer it.
TheTub

GPalmer wrote:
Am I correct in thinking that if set to the fastest (200 milliseconds) that charges are incurred from Betfair?

Graham
Don't get refresh speed confused with data requests. They are not related. You can select 200ms without fear. As PeterLe says, just make sure the setting in the rules tab is less than 20. Personally, I have it set at 9. This allows me to have two instances of Bet Angel Pro running with some buffer built in.

Have never had a charge from Betfair.
TheRiddler

Depends on your trading preferences. if you are scalping then choose a faster refresh and if your in it for the long haul upto 1 sec refresh will do you fine.
I have mine set at 400 for pre-race and when in-play I use the fastest setting. But if I set it to 1 sec pre race I wouldn't bat an eye-lid.
Good luck.
GPalmer

Thanks for the replies.

Had an awful day today, makes 2 on the trot. Ah well, always tomorrow :roll:

Graham

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”