U.S Open 2013

kelpie

Selection A: 4.89 starting price

Selection B: 1.18 SP drifting in to somewhere between 1.06 and 1.09 (ay ay)
Redhead

Vika wins :mrgreen:

Not going exactly to plan in the other match tho' Youzhny a set and a break to the good.

Kelpie what you going on about? :D
Euler

Hewitt is a fighter though!

I see Nadal is the same price to beat Robredo as Federer, seems odd.
Redhead

Makarova battling well against Li, with this sort of attitude she could nick a set, I'm going to back her with small stakes after Li takes the first.

I agree the Nadal price is strange.
Redhead

Makarova takes the tiebreak after being 3-1 down and looking dead and buried. Li should still take this and if I can get over 2.0 before Li's 2nd service game i'm in.
Euler

Currently enjoying the Hewitt match
Redhead

Euler wrote:Currently enjoying the Hewitt match

I'm back with this match now, not surprised to see it go 5 sets.
Euler

Younhzy comes back from a double break down to set up a thrilling finish.
Euler

Nice, £20m traded, Hewitt traded as low as 1.05 for £226k.

Surprised to see him not close out the match from two breaks up in the last, but that's Tennis for you!
Redhead

I'm waiting for the Wawrinka V Berdych match, I think Stans too high at 3.60 his record against the top 10 this year is a respectable 6-7(win/loss), projected holds are both high with Berdych coming out on top by a fair margin, this years h2h stands at 1-1. We know that Stan sometimes starts slow and if he does do we wait for the bigger price or do we lay Berdych when he goes a break up?

Berdych has the better stats and has yet to drop a set at the US Open this year but this is his first real test this tournament and he may need a few games to adjust, if Wawrinka's not ready to play come game time we could see some early breaks. Stan's concentration levels are the key to this match as he can beat anyone in the world on his day but he needs to be in the zone more often than not if he's to win this.

All in all I think Stan's to high at 3.60 so that makes Berdych to low at 1.38, I think Berdy will win and a lay to back either now at 1.38ish or early in the match seems the best option here.
Euler

Wawrinka beats Berdych to meet Murray in the next round.

3-6 6-1 7-6 (8-6) 6-2
Redhead

A couple of competitive matches today for us to get our teeth into, first up Vinci V Pennetta and I think the prices are the wrong way round here and Flavia should be favourite, she's yet to drop a set and has beaten the better players en-route. Vinci marginally has the better stats but Pennetta is better at creating break chances and in my opinion is the better player(despite her ranking), also Vinci's still in the doubles with Errani after beating Pennetta and Medina last night in straight sets this is Flavia's chance for revenge.

The mens early match throws up Gasquet V Ferrer and the stats have these two very close with the edge to Gasquet...just. I'm concerned about Gasquet's epic 5 hour 5-setter with Raonic in the last round, it could have left its mark and Ferrer's not the man to be playing after a match like that as he will keep the ball in play, extend the rallies and frustrate Gasquet in to error after error.

Ferrer has had a straightforward task to get to the quarters and despite not playing up to his best he's found a way through, he was let off the hook against Tipsarevic in the last round and once again he's facing a talented opponent who is more than capable of throwing away a winning position through mental weakness, Ferrer is a mental giant and the Spaniards legs and heart can carry him through to the semi's. Definitely wait for a better price in-play, over 2.0 if we get it would be very nice.

The two late matches look straightforward on paper and Robredo and Hantuchova should be very proud they've got to the quarters but it ends here for them both I'm afraid. If by any chance they take the first set pile into there opponents as Azarenka & Nadal will still be here on Sunday/Monday playing the final.
Redhead

Pennetta takes the first set. :D
Euler

Currently hoping Ferrer gets back to 2-2
Redhead

Euler wrote:Currently hoping Ferrer gets back to 2-2

I got into Ferrer two sets down and have traded out for a nice profit but I've left it all on him for the win.

Return to “Tennis Trading”