The Ashes - August/September 2019

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
firlandsfarm

I'm a bit surprised when checking the market this evening that England should have come in over the last 4 hours or so and the Draw go out … I assumed they managed to get a few overs in late and Aus had lost a wicket or two but no, nothing. I can't see why the odds should have moved more towards an England win while play is suspended … any thoughts?
Emmson

Got to do a family task for a few hours so need to level up. Which has hastened me into a bad exit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenmark

Roy is just useless. And so is Root although both balls were nasty.
Emphasises the quality of Smith.
Archangel

More wickets coming it feels

Draw has hit the drift
greenmark

Brilliant from Stokes. He's seeing it like a football. Does this emphasise why Roy's mentality is so wrong. Stay in and then attack when the ball and bowlers are tired.
greenmark

Bloody Hell! England couldn't win this, could they? 7.0 to 4.2.
greenmark

I think that's a terrible decision against Wade.Cheating really. I'm ashamed to be English.
Berts Certs

greenmark wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:43 pm
I think that's a terrible decision against Wade.Cheating really. I'm ashamed to be English.
To what was you referring ?
greenmark

Berts Certs wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:13 pm
greenmark wrote:
Apologies. Was referring to Marnus Labuschagne's dismissal. Which to me the replay clearly showed the ball grounded before Root got hold of it.
Aus cricket trader

I feel like Eng are too short for the 3rd test.
Unfortunately Smith has missed out due to a concussion and the market certainly reacted to this news as expected.
He has defiantly carried the Aussies batting lineup. Eng also have problems with the bat with root out of form among others.
Australia has the better bowling line up in my opinion. The batting for both sides is on par (even with smith absent for Aus).
Eng also don't have the best record at headingley.
I have layed Eng to start with.
Emmson

Aus cricket trader wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:00 am
I feel like Eng are too short for the 3rd test.
Unfortunately Smith has missed out due to a concussion and the market certainly reacted to this news as expected.
He has defiantly carried the Aussies batting lineup. Eng also have problems with the bat with root out of form among others.
Australia has the better bowling line up in my opinion. The batting for both sides is on par (even with smith absent for Aus).
Eng also don't have the best record at headingley.
I have layed Eng to start with.
I agree with all of that
wearthefoxhat

If England bat first, I sense they will post a big score. So whoever wins the toss should be looking to bat on a Headingley pitch known for plenty of runs.If so, Australia will struggle for sure and could get beaten by an innings+.

Headingley is Joe Root's home ground, so that gives this one a little x-factor and he'll know the foibles of the ground better than anyone.

If Australia bat first, I'd agree an England Lay may be the best way to go initially. Even without Steve Smith, there's enough resilience to use up time and overs to post a respectable score. However, their 2nd innings could be a different matter if they need to survive the whole 5 days.
Berts Certs

greenmark wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:36 pm
Berts Certs wrote:
greenmark wrote:
Apologies. Was referring to Marnus Labuschagne's dismissal. Which to me the replay clearly showed the ball grounded before Root got hold of it.
It clearly dropped onto his fingers and bounced up. If it had bounced in front of his fingers and then bounced up how did he get his fingers under it.
greenmark

Berts Certs wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:58 pm
greenmark wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:36 pm
Berts Certs wrote:

It clearly dropped onto his fingers and bounced up. If it had bounced in front of his fingers and then bounced up how did he get his fingers under it.
I thought it was down at the time and on the replays from the front. The replays from the side didn't confirm whether he had his fingers under the ball (for me at least). And bouncing on his fingers and the ground simultaneously is stilll not out. But don't want to create a spat about it.
Probably shouldn't have been so emphatic.
But look at this and see what you think of the right hand still. Just my opinion.
https://au.sports.yahoo.com/ashes-joe-r ... ccounter=2
Emmson

This caught me by surprise. :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”