England cricket team - same old same old!

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
JollyGreen

So the school prefect Andrew Strauss has taken charge but there is no real change as yet. Obviously it is early days but I can still see the same malaise in their approach.

Alistair Cooke is a fine player and I am sure he is a decent guy but he couldn't captain one of those £1 Children's ship rides outside a Supermarket!

It is the usual strategy of let's bore the opposition out and hope they give their wicket away. Moeen Ali got Latham but he played around a straight ball. Guptill must have been sick as he slapped a rank wide ball to the fielder. That is basically two suicides from the Kiwis.

Then we hear people like Nasser Hussain (aka Mr Burns) saying they were unlucky with the no ball decision which cost them a wicket. NO Nasser, that white line never moves so it is up to the bowler to ensure he stays behind it. Quite why the modern bowler feels the need to land the last 3mm of his heel behind the line is beyond me.

Then we have young Kane Williamson who must be quietly pissing himself laughing at Cooke's fielding positions. They need a point but Cooke does nothing, they need to close off the third man area but still Cooke does nothing. I suppose he has gone from the ridiculous to the sublime because he normally ball chases and moves the fielder after too many runs have been scored in a certain area. This time he is just plain obstinate and refuses to budge.

Watch him when there is a potential decision review. He looks around help like a little boy lost. Yes, he needs feedback from other players but you can tell from his body language that he is totally at sea. When he asks for the review, look at how he clenches both fists to form the T sign. That is a clear sign to suggest "I'm tough and in control" when really it is clear he is like a wet lettuce.

New Zealand could collapse and we could come out on top but I think it would need them to give away their wickets overall if we are to get back into this game!
The dog of ry

Ahhhhh the Poms.... They invent all these great games, but can't play any of them :lol:

*disclaimer - Kiwi living in Aus

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”